• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Stream List: May 7-13

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superdry

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
At this pace, Sankarea will be complete by the time Funi can get their stream up. It's not all their fault, but I am very curious on what's causing the materials delay. Do the Japanese just not care?

Possible correction (noticed it now, but it's the same as last week): Viz's simulcast for Accel World is listed for Sunday, but they get the stream out on Friday afternoon.
clipeuh

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Netflix added the following streaming anime:
No new anime this week. However, new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has been uploaded.

ANN knows its audience very well. Laughing
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
YES! Lain's on the stream list! Maybe a DVD release is near!
evilkorpse

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
My little pony wtf! is up with that!!! anyways i only use netflix for my anime needs and it sucks because every other month they decide to put new anime but one or two shows ughhhh. i need a new subscription service and no i'm not getting hulu plus Twisted Evil
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I'm pretty sad about Netflix not adding anything either :/ I check on here and Instant Watcher, hoping new stuff will pop up. Bleh. I don't want to sign up for another service (I get my use out of Netflix either way) but it's nice to have a service that's easy to stream on my phone when I'm out and need to waste time.
evilkorpse

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Yeah I'm pretty sad about Netflix not adding anything either :/ I check on here and Instant Watcher, hoping new stuff will pop up. Bleh. I don't want to sign up for another service (I get my use out of Netflix either way) but it's nice to have a service that's easy to stream on my phone when I'm out and need to waste time.

Yeah, Netflix is good and still has large amount of anime on the service. But its just netflix gets little love but this is netflix's fault because they don't license much anime for their streaming service.
Key

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:22 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
At this pace, Sankarea will be complete by the time Funi can get their stream up. It's not all their fault, but I am very curious on what's causing the materials delay. Do the Japanese just not care?

I'm wondering about this, too. Delays in starting a stream are hardly unheard of, but Sankarea is now halfway through its season with no indication of when its stream will start, while other series which were licensed even later have started. Very curious and annoying, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:03 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:

I haven't heard any explanation as to why the series isn't streaming yet, but you mention a materials delay here. Did Funimation mention something about this somewhere and I just missed it?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:05 am Reply with quote
clipeuh wrote:
Quote:
Netflix added the following streaming anime:
No new anime this week. However, new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has been uploaded.

ANN knows its audience very well. Laughing

Yes, yes they do. Laughing

Last edited by enurtsol on Mon May 14, 2012 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
superdry

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
superdry wrote:

I haven't heard any explanation as to why the series isn't streaming yet, but you mention a materials delay here. Did Funimation mention something about this somewhere and I just missed it?

I vaguely remember someone from Funi through some channel of sorts mentioned a materials delay for Sankarea and Kore wa Zombie desu ka S2 (that one seems fine though, now).

Even if it wasn't the main problem, materials delay is still one possible issue to explain why the stream hasn't been put up.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:19 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:

It was mentioned in a live stream session they had a week ago (Monday, May 7, 2012). That was also when the first announced that the second Is This A Zombie? series would start streaming on Wednesday (May 9).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1