• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse to Debut at Anime Expo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote
ugh hoping that this isn't being screened by funi because this looks like the type of anime i'll like quite a bit and i don't want to wait till 2015 to buy a release of it with a todd haberkorn enfested dub.
Xanas

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quote
You don't have to wait to buy a release of it from here immediately, you can buy a Japanese one or buy figures or whatever else related to the anime to support it that you want.

I like Todd Haberkorn, but I'm not sure if he would be in this. He's done a good job in most of what I've seen him in though.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote
So I guess that means no simulcast? I suppose if it is FUNi that gets this then it would probably take a few weeks before they start running it anyway.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
ugh hoping that this isn't being screened by funi because this looks like the type of anime i'll like quite a bit and i don't want to wait till 2015 to buy a release of it with a todd haberkorn enfested dub.

but if this is aniplex, it will be expensive. lol
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote
They should use English with Sarah Palin accent! Tina Fey! Laughing
superdry

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
opn wrote:

It doesn't look like Aniplex is involved with this one. Avex is at least part of the production committee (the encyclopedia here lists them under production), but dunno if they also have publishing and international rights.

Does anyone know?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:52 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
opn wrote:

It doesn't look like Aniplex is involved with this one. Avex is at least part of the production committee (the encyclopedia here lists them under production), but dunno if they also have publishing and international rights.

Does anyone know?

Aniplex has anime right to some anime that they don't involved.
They also don't release some anime that they involved, they let funi release their lower tier anime. They are only after the popular anime.
superdry

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

Do name a series that Aniplex JP has international rights to that they were not involved with at all. I'm curious.

That's why I asked if anyone knows if Avex (one of the listed production companies, TV Tokyo is another) has publishing or international rights.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Do name a series that Aniplex JP has international rights to that they were not involved with at all. I'm curious.

That's why I asked if anyone knows if Avex (one of the listed production companies, TV Tokyo is another) has publishing or international rights.

international rights are not important for me. I don't even have time to do all the research for you.
As long as they can release the bluray or release the imported bluray in US. that's good enough for me.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

international rights are not important for me. I don't even have time to do all the research for you.

Uh uh. Thats not how it works. You made the assertion, so its up to you to back it up.

If you just pulled it out of your ass, why should we even bother to listen to you?
superdry

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
superdry wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

As long as they can release the bluray or release the imported bluray in US. that's good enough for me.

You don't even have to do any, or maybe a little, research with the statement you made. You should know at least one series that Aniplex has rights too that they were not involved with at all.

I'm curious because I've never heard of anything like that happening before.

Also, unless you import directly from Japan, international rights should be important to you. It's actually very important for seeing shows released outside of Japan (licensed or official import).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1