• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: D.N.Angel's Yukiru Sugisaki to Launch 1001 (Knights) Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nosgoroth

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:55 am Reply with quote
Just a suggestion, but perhaps try to finish something before going for something new?
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote
please finish D.N Angel1 I beg you! Anime cry

But new manga so yay! Smile Its too bad that supernatural shoujo manga don't sell like high school romance mangas.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote
Forget about DNAngel, where's the rest of Megami Kouhosei?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote
It doesn't seen all that long since D.N.Angel came out of hiatus... especially since Tokyopop never released volume 14.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
Sugisaki-san...your artwork is beautiful and your characters are enjoyable, but....

Could you please finish your previous manga before you start on a new one?! I've been waiting for more DNAngel for quite awhile! And let's not even talk about Megami Kohousei...that cliffhanger at the end of vol. 5 has driven me insane for years!
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
As much as I like her work, I would much rather see D.N.Angel finished...
Banjo

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quote
is there any guarantee that the new manga will finish? Laughing
Jaymie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
What the hell is her problem? This girl is worse than CLAMP. At least they have a four-person team and are actually capable of doing two/three series at once. Sugisaki always puts D.N.Angel on hiatus because she's bored of it, which is fine (Togashi does it all the time with Hunter x Hunter). The problem is that she starts doing all of these mini-series when she should really be focusing all of her efforts on the one that's ongoing and actually has a fanbase.
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:12 am Reply with quote
I really like D.N.Angel, and I'd also like to see it end, but I think she's not putting it on hiatus because she's bored it -- she recognizes what a good source of income it is, so she doesn't want to exhaust it.

As much as it sucks, the fact that a manga-ka has one hit doesn't mean that they'll create future hits, so I don't blame it when manga-ka refuse to end their hits (Minekura Kazuya...). I've resigned to the likelihood that Daisuke, Satoshi, Dark, Krad, Risa and Riku are going to go round and round in romantic comedy plot circles like a sitcom that goes on for eternity.

And despite that, I'll still like D.N.Angel.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:50 am Reply with quote
If some way some how volume 14 of D.N.Angel ever came out State side, I'd have to reread the whole story up to that point just to remember what the heck happened. It's a shame, I really liked that manga too.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
I think I would certainly have to re-read from where it diverges from the anime, wherever that was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote
dandelion_rose wrote:
I really like D.N.Angel, and I'd also like to see it end, but I think she's not putting it on hiatus because she's bored it -- she recognizes what a good source of income it is, so she doesn't want to exhaust it.

As much as it sucks, the fact that a manga-ka has one hit doesn't mean that they'll create future hits, so I don't blame it when manga-ka refuse to end their hits (Minekura Kazuya...). I've resigned to the likelihood that Daisuke, Satoshi, Dark, Krad, Risa and Riku are going to go round and round in romantic comedy plot circles like a sitcom that goes on for eternity.

And despite that, I'll still like D.N.Angel.

For Kazuya it's not so much refusal to finish, rather it's medical.

First she suffered an illness so bad she had to have her uterus removed, and recently she developed benign tumors on her face which forced her to have parts of her jaw surgically removed

The poor woman just can't catch a break Sad
Magnab

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Maybe, this manga will keep her interest long enough for her to finish it. I wonder if she had to promise the publisher that this time she will come through and finish something she started.

Last edited by Magnab on Fri May 25, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Unknown Memory

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I.....I want D.N. Angel and Lagoon Engine finished!! ;__;

But, I'll give Knights a chance... >__< Let's see how much she kranks out before she feels the need to put it on hold... Maybe, Asuka should lock her in an office.
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
For Kazuya it's not so much refusal to finish, rather it's medical.

First she suffered an illness so bad she had to have her uterus removed, and recently she developed benign tumors on her face which forced her to have parts of her jaw surgically removed

The poor woman just can't catch a break Sad

I hadn't heard about this. That's really horrible -- an understatement. I'd be traumatized.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2