• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Revoltech Edward and Alphonse Elric

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:24 am Reply with quote
These toys look like they'd be fun to play with. I agree that the faces are off.

Quote:
I've always wanted an RAH myself...

I have one RAH figure, Ginko from Mushishi. For the price I paid I was expecting something a lot better. His joints are really stiff and his skin has a funny color. The accessories he came with are nice and he's not the worst figure I own, but he definitely put me off getting the FMA RAHS. (Oh how I eyed them...)

And before anyone asks, Ginko's not a bootleg. I got him through amiami, so he's legit.

As always, thanks for the review.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:51 am Reply with quote
Although I loved that Ed came with his angry face, I found the figure itself looked pretty ugly so I skipped him.

I did get the Alphonse though because I couldn't skip out on a cool pose able Al. And of course Revoltech is so much better with their "mecha" like figures than human (although I do love their Yotsuba's).

As for a great Edward Elric figure I highly recommend his Megahouse Gem. True you can't pose him like an action figure but I think he is the best "afforadable" Edward figure out there. He looks awesome.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I have 2 RAH: Jack Sparrow & Black Rock Shooter. I don't know much about Ginko but Jack & Shooter are impressive and are worth the price. Shooter is just harder to stand (because of her twig-sized legs).
Raikuro

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The final effect part comes with Ed but both characters are shown on the boxes using it: it's something I don't know enough about FMA to know, but I figure it's something important! On the box, the guys have got their arms way down to the ground. I know these figure can flex, but I could not for the life of me get them so low down that their hands touched the floor. So it just kind of looks like Al is warming his hands here...

Those appear to be transmutation circles. They show those in like the first episode of each series... although these two don't really need to use circles much in the series so its understandable if you don't know why they have them.
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:08 pm Reply with quote
If I were a bigger FMA fan (I loved the first series, but I haven't had the time to watch Brotherhood and I never read the manga, I figure I'll get to Brotherhood eventually) then I'd likely get these...though I'd immediately switch Ed's face to the second, cocky smile one that I saw shown here. That first one is just...odd. I don't mind the eyes, but something is just not right about that mouth.

Unfortunately right now my figure collecting has a singular focus - the Saint Seiya Myth EX series. I'm dying for a full collection of Gold Saints, but they put a dent in my figurine fund. They're totally worth it, though!
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:49 am Reply with quote
I like both figures. I think as far as Yamaguch goes Ed is one of the better human sculpts we've seen from him. Much, much better than Alucard and Kenshin, about on par with the Trigun duo. While Ed's face isn't perfectly accurate it still looks like Ed. I really wish they had priced these the same and just given Ed a load of accessories (spear, sword, canon) or made the coat removable. Ed at least has a better head sculpt than the original Play Arts version with its perpetual sad face.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1