• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Autographed K-ON! Guitar Auction Exceeds US$69,800

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:09 am Reply with quote
i could say so many hateful, hurtful things about this but what's the point good for the k-on fans. I hope he his happy with his purchase.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote
The true Otaku King has been found.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
Why do I think K-On! is the source of Japan's economy? With all the merchandise and high prices, I wouldn't be surprised.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote
Freakmasta wrote:
Why do I think K-On! is the source of Japan's economy? With all the merchandise and high prices, I wouldn't be surprised.

ANN did an article awhile back about that exact topic but I can't find it off hand. K-ON! has increased guitar import sales, though

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-04-12/k-on-partly-credited-for-historic-electric-guitar-sales
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
StormSky92

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:02 am Reply with quote
I'm a big K-ON! fan and everything, and I loved the anime, and Azusa is definitely my Waifu....but i'm not THAT much of an otaku. Congratz to whoever buys this.......you might need help.
Ringking

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:09 am Reply with quote
Another overpriced piece of K-On memorabilia....

I consistently wonder just where it is that people continue to get the ridiculous amounts of money for these things, considering that the stereotypical otaku is in a constant state of being strapped for cash...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:19 am Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

The guitar was originally awarded as a prize by LAWSON convenience stores for the K-ON!! Christmas Cake campaign from Dec 23 to 25. People who spent a certain amount at LAWSON stores could go online with numbers from their store receipts to see if they won prizes.

Wonder how much the winners spent to get lucky with their prizes.......... Maybe have to sell the guitar to pay back the debts? Laughing
scineram

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:17 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
i could say so many hateful, hurtful things about this

It'S unhealty to hold back. Just let it flow.
yu3lora

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote
Wow! Shocked He/She did a good job their. Winning the guitar in a contest and selling it! Nice job for that. Wink

Well, If it was me, I'm not gonna do that since I'll be using it.. Razz
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote
StormSky92 wrote:
I'm a big K-ON! fan and everything, and I loved the anime, and Azusa is definitely my Waifu....but i'm not THAT much of an otaku. Congratz to whoever buys this.......you might need help.

That guy really could be just that rich. Normal people wouldn't spend that ridiculous amount of money to buy a guitar.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote
Now thats a good waste of money
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I hope that the person who bought it actually plays guitar. Or at least plans on learning. I saw a guitar that was a recreation of stevie ray vaughan's guitar and cost $10,000, which I find funny because the original was from a pawn shop and wasn't exactly a top of the line model. This is way more pricey though.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:05 am Reply with quote
It makes me sad that this guitar will probably never ever be played. Sad
reanimator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:05 am Reply with quote
Despite what you guys think, Japanese are serious collectors regardless of income level. You thought anime was bad? There are other kinds of Otaku who will shell out thousands of dollars on stuffs that most people aren't willing to buy.

There are car otakus who actually buy Ferrari even though they make normal income.

When K-On has significant Japanese pop culture impact, it's not surprising to see certain fan who is willing spend that much for a autographed guitar.

Even in the west, if a person is hardcore music fan with money, then he is likely spend money on autographed authentic musical instrument of his favorite musician.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1