• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Children Who Chase Lose Voices Renamed Journey to Agartha

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Apart from maybe costing less to put fonts on packaging, which really couldn't have saved that much brass to be bothered, I find this a bit pointless. Rolling Eyes
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Though I am somewhat concerned to learn that the film has been renamed for British audiences — a decision that coheres poorly with the fact that the original English-language title has now been used in an official capacity in various countries — I am more perplexed by the fact I failed to see this banner whilst present on Saturday. Was it added prior to the Sunday event?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Just Passing Through

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Since Manga Ent do most of their marketing via Twitter these days, it behooves them to have a title that fits in the character limit and allows other info as well.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
The couldn't they've just gone with CWCLV as an acronym instead? Or just call it "Lost Voices" or something for short?
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
GracieLizzy wrote:
Or just call it "Lost Voices" or something for short?

Perhaps there was a multitude of voices urging them to do so. Alas, such voices were clearly lost on them. </highbrowjoke>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1