• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Domain Names project-magi.com, battleroyalethegamevita.com Registered

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:50 am Reply with quote
I've heard good things about the Magi manga, so hopefully that'll get an anime.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:00 am Reply with quote
They're making a Battle Royale game? fudge yes! If it doesn't get a western release, I'm gonna be pissed.
dewlwieldthedarpachief

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:33 am Reply with quote
Egad, the Battle Royale film is so good that a dud sequel, dumb manga, dreadful 3D resurrection, and now a doubtful game cannot dilute its divinity. Talk about karmic whiplash, though. Shocked
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote
dewlwieldthedarpachief wrote:
Egad, the Battle Royale film is so good that a dud sequel, dumb manga, dreadful 3D resurrection, and now a doubtful game cannot dilute its divinity. Talk about karmic whiplash, though. Shocked

What was wrong with the manga? I hope you were referring to that crappy, unfinished manga or the poorly translated good one.
terminus24

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:28 am Reply with quote
It most likely isn't a sit for a game based of the Manga/Light Novels/Movies Battle Royale, but is most likely for the game PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Just sayin'.
opn

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:26 am Reply with quote
ITS ABOUT TIME WE FINALLY GET A MAGI ANIME! Very Happy the manga is pretty awesome and the fact it might be a aniplex property is even bette. im guessing a-1 is the animation studio.
GVman

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
dewlwieldthedarpachief wrote:

You forgot to mention the lovely novel that everything was based on.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
It most likely isn't a sit for a game based of the Manga/Light Novels/Movies Battle Royale, but is most likely for the game PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Just sayin'.

Considering the domain was registered by "Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC", I'd say yeah
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:

Well, that's royally misleading.
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quote
So Aniplex is funding the Magi anime eh? At least it;ll probably have a good budget. I just hope they get a good studio for it.
Tratious

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
ITS ABOUT TIME WE FINALLY GET A MAGI ANIME! Very Happy the manga is pretty awesome and the fact it might be a aniplex property is even bette. im guessing a-1 is the animation studio.
Aniplex does not favour their own studio, so just counting for the last 2 seasons they are working with A-1, Sunrise, AIC, ufotable, Shaft, Production I.G, Bones, GoHands, and probably someone else I'm missing.
opn

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Tratious wrote:
opn wrote:
Aniplex does not favour their own studio, so just counting for the last 2 seasons they are working with A-1, Sunrise, AIC, ufotable, Shaft, Production I.G, Bones, GoHands, and probably someone else I'm missing.

gohands will be busy with K since all signs are pointing magi to airing in the fall and its not ufotables or AICs (any one of theirs) type of show. bones will also be doing zetsuen no tempest this fall and i seriously doubt shaft will do anything else other then the monogatari series and hidamari for awhile (maybe one of nishios other works). production IG and sunrise are also possibilities though.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:32 am Reply with quote
excuse the double posting (and reviving) but it seems like the anime of magi will be offically announced in sunday #30 which goes on sale on the 27th of this month and all signs point to it airing in the fall season http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-10171.html my body is ready.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1