• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: A Certain Magical Index Gets Game by Namco Bandai, Guyzware

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zerochitentoppakai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
why so many raildex announcements but no anime s3 or s2 announcements? appeasing the fans, perhaps? TAnime cryT
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:19 am Reply with quote
Cool, cool. Just hope it doesn't suck like the first Index game (2 hours of play? Come on, people).

I am also hoping for season 3 of Index~ I'm kind of fed up with Railgun's treatment of Mikoto... I mean, she's supposed to be a strong, female character, and that's why I love her, and I love her when she's in love with Touma, but when she suddenly turns into a complete fanservice character.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
zerochitentoppakai wrote:
why so many raildex announcements but no anime s3 or s2 announcements? appeasing the fans, perhaps? TAnime cryT

it'll happen after the movie and given the president of bunkos statement it will happen. dont know about S2 of railgun though. anyway this is probably just going to be a visual novel and not a action game though if it is a VN i wonder if we will get more LN characters like the first game.
Actar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Cool, cool. Just hope it doesn't suck like the first Index game (2 hours of play? Come on, people).

For me, I don't judge a game by the hours of game play or graphical quality. I see Anime licensed games as a chance to play as my favorite characters, nothing more. As long as they can deliver on that front, I'm satisfied.

But then again, I'm not a hardcore gamer by any stretch of the imagination, so what do I know. (^.^;)
Zerreth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quote
So is it going to be a visual novel with the occasional segment where you play as Touma, dodging everyone's attacks until you're close enough to haymaker with your right hand?
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:

For me, I don't judge a game by the hours of game play or graphical quality. I see Anime licensed games as a chance to play as my favorite characters, nothing more. As long as they can deliver on that front, I'm satisfied.

But then again, I'm not a hardcore gamer by any stretch of the imagination, so what do I know. (Anime smallmouthWink

Don't get me wrong- I loved playing as my favorite characters. However, the faces were like cardboard, and the story only lasted for 2 hours. I got bored pretty quickly. I wished there was more adventure to the game.
superdry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Actar wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:

But then again, I'm not a hardcore gamer by any stretch of the imagination, so what do I know. (Anime smallmouthWink

Don't get me wrong- I loved playing as my favorite characters. However, the faces were like cardboard, and the story only lasted for 2 hours. I got bored pretty quickly. I wished there was more adventure to the game.

Did you clear all the routes in about 2 hours? It's also a fighting game, so I'm not surprised it can be pretty short.

I wouldn't be surprised if this one is going to be more visual adventure oriented.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1