• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rei Ayanami

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
axion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Dormcat, nevertheless, like you acknowledged, this technology does exist. In the context of an anime that occurs between 1999 and 2016, complete with bio-mechanical angel mechs, hybrid angel-human characters, an underground research, defense, and command facility with 18 layers of defensive walls and 3 of the most advanced AI-containing supercomputers, AND a warm-water penguin that understands Japanese and is as intelligent as his human owner, it is hardly a stretch to say that they have a working process of ectogenesis in Evangelion.

Also, I don't think the question I was referring to had any mention of whether the use of the umbilical cord should be natural or not and I certainly did not intend to pass judgment either way; it doesn't make a difference because we're not discussing bio-ethics.

Finally, you're background knowledge is impressive unto itself. Assuming, from your knowledge, that you're in higher education or employed, what field are you in?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
axion wrote:
...it is hardly a stretch to say that they have a working process of ectogenesis in Evangelion.

It's a sci-fi anime, anyway, so those inconsistencies can be ignored.

axion wrote:
Assuming, from your knowledge, that you're in higher education or employed, what field are you in?

It's very easy to guess or find out. Really. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:59 am Reply with quote
Azathrael wrote:
Kyle Smyth wrote:
I was wondering what everyone's take on Rei Ayanami's belly button is. I personally wondered if it was a mistake on the part of the animators but Hideako Anno, the director of the show, is too smart for that. I mean she is a clone and she was not concieved naturally through a womb so why would she have a belly button?

Is it just me, or did this seriously need a spoiler tag? I'm watching Evangelion for the first time right now and I don't appreciate this at all.

maybe it should be in the subject.. because there is going to be a LOT of black then
axion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:16 am Reply with quote
Dormcat: I don't look at is an inconsistency, it makes sense if you analyze it... down to the bone Razz.

As for your field, I'd have to say Bio-tech, Human biology, or medicine in general.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3