• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Retailer: Media Blasters Cancels 1st BD Volume of Bakuman

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiro94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
This really pisses me off i was going to buy that!!I have been patiently waiting but i figured it would happen seen as how they took it off rightstuff a couple of days ago.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Well this seems like the end of Media Blasters such a shame
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Time to grab those GGG sets and that Blade set because it ain't looking good for MB if they're doing this, sad to say.

Maybe another year at most.
terminus24

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm disappointed, as I prefer my anime on Blu-Ray, and also Bakuman is hands-down the my favorite manga series ever. I've yet to see the anime, I probably will over summer vacation, though.

But this news doesn't surprise me. Because hasn't Media Blasters not been an actual company for like, a year now?
msgundam2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
(opinion) I don't think Bakuman would sell well in the US.
I personally found it boring.

Last edited by msgundam2 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
This is a bad sign. Media Blasters is the only US anime company I still care about at all. Not just for anime, they also own Shriek Show, Tokyo Shock, and Kitty. Plus, they released a few things sub-only at a lower price, so I didn't have to pay extra for stuff I don't use.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
PREDICTION: Sentai will license Bakuman (whether it be Season 2, or a rescued Season 1), and they'll release it with NYAV returning to reprise it's dubbing duties. It might be wishful thinking, but I can't imagine this show NOT being licensed. If Sentai could do it for K-ON!! and Queen's Blade, they could do it for Bakuman dammit!

I agree it needs to happen!

As long as they're not idiotic about licensing season 2 and ignoring season 1 entirely (looks at Zero no Tsukaima F)

that was a licnese rescue from fuinmation when geneon usa went under, not a direct funimation to japan licnese on the series. You want pain try waiting nearly five to six years now for higurashi kai on r1 format.

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Otaku_X wrote:
This is a bad sign. Media Blasters is the only US anime company I still care about at all. Not just for anime, they also own Shriek Show, Tokyo Shock, and Kitty. Plus, they released a few things sub-only at a lower price, so I didn't have to pay extra for stuff I don't use.

Ah, so once Media Blasters goes away, you'll no longer buy any anime?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:
(opinion) I don't think Bakuman would sell well in the US.
I personally found it boring.

The manga has been doing perfectly fine in North America. The problem isn't Bakuman, it's Media Blasters. Viz could have slapped "Death Note" on the cover of Bakuman and it would have been a hit. Why they didn't license it, I don't know.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
PREDICTION: Sentai will license Bakuman (whether it be Season 2, or a rescued Season 1), and they'll release it with NYAV returning to reprise it's dubbing duties. It might be wishful thinking, but I can't imagine this show NOT being licensed. If Sentai could do it for K-ON!! and Queen's Blade, they could do it for Bakuman dammit!

As long as they're not idiotic about licensing season 2 and ignoring season 1 entirely (looks at Zero no Tsukaima F)

that was a licnese rescue from fuinmation when geneon usa went under, not a direct funimation to japan licnese on the series. You want pain try waiting nearly five to six years now for higurashi kai on r1 format.

I heard that Sentai couldn't afford the first season of...Zero no...whatever it is or they would've. Or they might not be able to get the license just yet.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Oh Media Blasters...Please just drop the whole Bakuman series and just go down under. Let other company such as Viz or Sentai license it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Please MB, just say that you can't release the rest of the dvds. I mean RIGHT NOW so we don't have to wait for anything anymore from you. Just say you're done. Please.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

I heard that Sentai couldn't afford the first season of...Zero no...whatever it is or they would've. Or they might not be able to get the license just yet.

Sentai hasn't officially said anything about the other seasons of Familiar of Zero. However, when someone emailed them about them they gave a reply along the lines of "who said we skipped them?"

It's quite likely that Sentai has more of Zero, but just hasn't announced it. After all, they generally wait until closer to the street date for any official announcements. They could also be in negotiations for them, or they could be waiting for final streaming numbers before making any physical release decisions.

If they do have more of Familiar of Zero, it will likely be some time before we get confirmation, as the simulcasted only recently ended and it still hasn't finished it's run on Anime Network's Online Player.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

News flash, according to Michael Sinterniklaas, Season 2 is already in the can. Media Blasters just hasn't shown up to claim it yet.

Well damn! Even better!

Although it is starting to sound like Viz's horrible treatment of Blue Dragon (producing a dub and doing nothing with it)...

Media Blasters is dead.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Wasnt media blasters the 3rd rate company that licensed Zetsubo Sensei, and then left it for dead. 3rd rate fringe companies should not be allowed to license larger properties. I think the only good thing to ever come out of Media Blasters was the Special Edition/CE version of Record of Lodoss war.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5