• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Yuko Minaguchi Takes Break to Study Abroad

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Good for her! Can't wait to find out which country she's going to study in but I admire her.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of her Videl and Pan performances in the Dragon Ball franchise, so she'll definitely be missed if this has those roles re-cast in games or something. I wish her the best though. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
I'm a big fan of her Videl and Pan performances in the Dragon Ball franchise, so she'll definitely be missed if this has those roles re-cast in games or something. I wish her the best though. Very Happy

Agreed and in fact, this news gave me the urge to watch Dragon Ball GT in Japanese again because no matter how weak the show was, she was awesome as Pan and she was also great as Hotaru/Sailor Saturn (Sailor Moon) & as Ringo (Casshern Sins) so i too hope this does well for her.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
yotsubafanfan wrote:
Good for her! Can't wait to find out which country she's going to study in but I admire her.

Was thinking the same thing.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:16 am Reply with quote
Maybe she also dreams of starring in Broadway! Laughing
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote
Way to go Yawar-I mean, Yuko Minaguchi! Very Happy This is kind of neat and really inspiring that she chose to do this now. In the West, it seems we are more comfortable with changing jobs throughout life than the Japanese, so this kind of hiatus is pretty neat. I wonder what she'll be doing.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:

I liked her as Hotaru / Sailor Saturn. Though it's good that she's gonna study abroad. Though it doesn't say where. Hope it's here in the US.

And when she does return to VA,it DEFINITELY gonna be interesting to see her performance in an english dub.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1