• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kawamoto: BONES Working on New Version of 'Familiar' Title

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pantsmca

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Please please pleeeeeeease be Darker than Black 3 Anime cry
opn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Probably a remake of soul eater with the manga in its final arc. But it could also be DTB 3 since thats been rumored for monthes.
Scormio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
They're going all in on Fullmetal Alchemist Kai
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
He also confirmed that he is personally working as a key animator on EUREKA SEVEN AO (BONES' television sequel to its Eureka Seven anime), as well as on the 10th installment of the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 series. He also did a new poster illustration for an upcoming Sunrise Festival 2012 marathon screening of the entire Cowboy Bebop television series.

I think it's great when founders or execs are still involved hands-on rather than just handling finance and management.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Please be Soul Eater please be Soul Eater please be Soul Eater please be Soul Eater please be Soul Eater
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I'll bet they're making a sequel to Kurau: Phantom Memory so they can get another million on the American market. It'll be a crossover with Heat Guy J.

BONES seems to have a pretty deep bench of properties to draw on, but none scream out for a reimaginging or anything. (Well, joking aside, I'd enjoy seeing more in the Kurau: Phantom Memory universe) I wonder why they're revisiting an existing property. Has Eureka Seven AO done particularly well? I'll be interested to find out what it is; I just hope that it doesn't portend the studio stumbling into a repetitive rut.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Scormio wrote:
They're going all in on Fullmetal Alchemist Kai

They already did that. It is called Brotherhood.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
BONES co-founder Toshihiro Kawamoto revealed at his AM2 convention panel on Saturday that his studio is working on a new version of a "familiar" title. However, he added that he cannot discuss the title further before it is announced.

So, is it possible that the "familiar" title could be based on a non-Studio BONES production? Or an anime that was once popular in the past but has enough material for a new sequel, OAV, or film?

Either way, if BONES is working on it, I can only expect excellent animation from this project. ^__^
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Part of me wants it to be a new RahXephon.

The other half wants them to do a new Mars Daybreak.

Knowing my luck, it won't be either.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Soul Eater has a good chance of being re-vamped as a anime with the existing manga's storyline to draw from who knows it may be something that no one is expecting in time we all will know.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I'd be surprised if its not Soul Eater. Its manga is in its final arc, so this would be a good time to announce a remake... and the wording "New Version" sounds more like a remake then a sequel.
Arakiba

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
Soul Eater has a good chance of being re-vamped as a anime with the existing manga's storyline to draw from who knows it may be something that no one is expecting in time we all will know.

A problem for Soul Eater though is that its still going on. Unless Okubo fills them in on what's going to happen like Arakawa did, they'd have to come up with their own ending again. edit: Is it the final arc? It just seems to keep going and going and going.

Darker than Black seems a better bet to me (plus I really want to see more of it so...yeah).
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I'd be surprised if its not Soul Eater. Its manga is in its final arc, so this would be a good time to announce a remake... and the wording "New Version" sounds more like a remake then a sequel.

^This and I would definitely want to see the remake given the awful ending the anime series had.

I personally do not want to see another Darker than Black. It's basically done and they had already ruined a decent series with the so called "sequel."

I'm guessing by "familiar title" they mean something produced within the last 10 years or less.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I'd LOVE to have a new Soul Eater, but I think everyone is missing another good choice....Ouran, people! The manga is finished so I'd love to see some kind of Ouran Brotherhood.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Part of me wants it to be a new RahXephon.

The other half wants them to do a new Mars Daybreak.

Knowing my luck, it won't be either.

Just out of curiosity, why for either of those?

I will admit to being a huge RahXephon fan and may therefore be biased, but why would you want a remade version? They did that with the movie already (which I loathed, incidentally). What's the point of retelling the original?

Mars Daybreak... I barely even remember that series, but was there something so terribly wrong with it that it needs to be remade? Or was there a cliffhanger that needed a sequel?

I'd be up for most anything from BONES. They're not my favorite studio (I'm not sure I have one), but they've done some quality work in the past. Darker than Black 3 would be nice if they actually answered questions and followed a similar plot structure to season 1 rather than, you know, season 2, where nothing gets answered, you have to watch released-after-the-fact OVAs to understand anything, and the entire season is a stretched-out version of what would have been one arc in the original.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4