• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aquarion Evol (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Glad Andy has MIX back, but those biggu bongs will be forever mourned. I like Zessica's new hairdo, but the space fruit must be exorcised.]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
And we're done. Another reminder that just because a show is incredibly stupid doesn't mean it can't be loads of fun. I don't think I liked it nearly as much as the original, but it definitely scratched the same itch.

Is it just me, or has that backup commander dude just been sitting in a chair underneath the command center for practically the entire series (since minihag appeared), waiting for an opportunity to pop up?

spoiler[I guess Mix's.... condition was temporary.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
I found this incarnation way more enjoyable than the original, which for my money, had one of the most annoying casts ever created. I only managed to get through the first 13 episodes of Aquarion before selling both half-sets: that was the first time I had ever sold any anime DVDs without watching them to completion.

However, I liked Evol enough that I'm considering giving Aquarion another chance. I'll wait until the S.A.V.E. version is even super-cheaper...
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
Well, this ended differently than what I expected. There was still a lot of "Mikono-san" and "Amata-kun" screaming but I wasn't too bothered with it this episode.

I enjoyed the show immensely. Even when there was drama, it didn't make me dislike the show but it was frustrating. I managed to put up with it.

So... Aquarion. even after 12000 years, I still enjoy watching you. 100 million years and 2000 more, I still love you.

I think I enjoyed both Genesis and EVOL equally. EVOL has better animation which makes it much easier to enjoy. Genesis had a lot more fun though - Fudo's training mainly.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I wish the show had more of those atmospheric moments around the city, those were always nicely done. And I wish the worst girl hadn't won. The way the show implied one of the relationships at the end was kind of awkward too, I wouldn't have put those two together.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:19 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Episode 25
I'm rambling too much but I'm curious as to how the show will end now.
Killing Kagura off doesn't seem like it'll resolve anything because reincarnations. Merging Amata and Kagura feels like a cop out. I can't imagine EVOL ending like Genesis. Well, with 1 episode left, I hope EVOL will be concluded well. It was a fun ride but sometimes frustrating. Perhaps we'll get a sequel with ShuShu reincarnated and was really in love with Amata the whole time.

Your post was my first thought when I watched the final episode. I was actually wondering if your were spoiler[pleasantly surprised that they didn't kill Kagura off or have him merge him with Amata.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I just started watching this series today and damn, I am surprised.

Not being a fan of the original Genesis of Aquarion, I am taken away at this series so far with the new cast of characters and their contrasting personalities.

Got up to episode 10 spoiler[so far involving Jin and his "transfer" or should I say infiltration of the Neo-DEAVA academy. Funny episode is funny as the guy is so pure] Laughing

Anyways, great series so far and spoiler[I'm sensing a love triangle coming up soon between Amata, Mikono, and Zessica.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4