• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Marvel vs. Capcom: Official Complete Works Artbook Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Yikes!

Nice to see art books HAVEN'T risen in price but it's amazing to see that they're still priced in the stratosphere for all but the most hardcore fans or people who can't use a search engine to find a better online deal!

Still, I've got interest in this through at least Marvel Vs Capcom 2.
The X-Men: COTA and Marvel Superheroes Vs SF art should be very nice. That was an era when primarily late 1980s/early 1990s character designs were being used instead of the mess that debuted after 1997...

Too bad Udon is still going with $100 on "limited edition" hardcover but this is nothing new... I've seen individual artists including people with big enough bases to cover for a larger print runs pull the $100 price-point.

Artbooks haven't been cheap for as long as I can remember but it's a sad tale when $40 is low-end for the average and $80-$100 is a normal pricepoint!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quote
Maybe if it was a Japanese import, there'd be no complaints about the price. Laughing
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Udon's last four artbooks I bought (i.e. OKAMI, PIXIV, Valkyria Chronicles 1 & 2) were worth every penny I spent; the quality of the books were superb.

Of course, I didn't buy them at full retail. I ordered them through B&N, threw on a coupon and got them for nearly half the price. Heck, Amazon's got this new book up for $32 and change already. Wait a few weeks and a good deal will likely fall in your lap.

I can't wait to pick up this book later in the year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1