• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Okami HD for PS3 Announced, Trailer Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote
you know its a good game, but why not make an okami 2 instead of releasing this game over and over again.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Pft, DLC game? Really? I speak for myself when I say I want a copy of the game for my shelf.... Capcom you make your fans mad... a lot.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I wish that I could actually own it on a disk. I bought the Wii version, but the controls with the wiimote were virtually unplayable. I look forward to playing it in it's entirety with the ps3 controller.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:32 am Reply with quote
Oh goody, another digital-only port that's going to take hours to download onto my PS3 as if their Resident Evil "HD" ports being digital-only weren't bad enough. Mad

On a positive note, i will be looking forward to this since i've heard good things about it and it was by the Clover/Platinum team. Cool

Next up, "HD" ports for Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2.
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote
This would be the reason why I would buy a Move controller. I wasn't ever very good at drawing brush strokes with the standard controller, but using a wand should be much easier and feel more natural, too.

Okami is, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. I'll be ready to double-dip come this fall.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:17 am Reply with quote
I bought the PS2 version and the Wii version already, but... four things make this a must-buy for me:

1) My PS2 disc was broken by a friend. After I had collected all the beads, too... urgh...

2) High-definition. I swear my PS2/TV had better visuals than what they were showing in the video, but regardless, the widescreen and crispness make it so much better.

3) PS2 controller was fine, but not very brush-like. Wii controller screw-ups have made it impossible for me to progress, even though I'm near the very end in that version (STUPID BLOCKHEADS). So the PS3 motion controller will be a god-send for me.

4) The price. $20 for this? If it were any more expensive, I might reconsider, but this is really cheap. It's like they actually want me to buy it or something. So I will. Because I can afford it. Thank you, marketers!

The lack of physical product and, thus, the lack of the availability of a Japanese version I can play make me sad... but for the price, nothing can really go wrong. Even if it just sits in my PS3 data storage, I have it for whenever I want to play it. It's such a great game...
Zopyros

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:34 am Reply with quote
It's by Crapcom, so no thanks.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:46 am Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
you know its a good game, but why not make an okami 2 instead of releasing this game over and over again.

Okamiden is basically Okami 2... >_>

If you guys want a physical version, it shouldn't be hard to find a Wii or PS2 copy to pick either control scheme. Personally, the only issue with the Wii one was dodging being on the nunchuk without the analog stick deciding the direction. And in the end, dodging gets you less distance than jumping (double jumping/wall jumping), running manually (or sprinting) anyway... The Wii Remote strikes needed timing for one weapon type for combos (versus button presses) but it was workable when you got a rhythm.

And yes, NJ_... I expect Capcom to mess up and do digital only releases for God Hand and the other Clover gems instead of proper retail HD collections. >_>

I don't have the PS2 version to confirm how much they exaggerated the "cloudiness" on the PS2 end but... did anyone notice how the graphics on this look like the Wii version?

Look at this: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ps2-wii-comparison-okami/32960

Removing the filter to have more colourful experience again?
I thought they heard the original fans the first few times... Maybe we will get an option... >_>
AxelcG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:50 am Reply with quote
No Vita Version? Sad but i want it on vita D:
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:04 am Reply with quote
Why no X360 Anime cry

Oh well, still have this for the PS2 anyway.
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:08 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
2) High-definition. I swear my PS2/TV had better visuals than what they were showing in the video, but regardless, the widescreen and crispness make it so much better.

I found those comparisons unconvincing as well. The PS/2 version looks quite nice on my HDTV. That whole bit where they remove the gray wash and show a sparklingly colored PS/3 version seemed like it was cooked up by the marketing department.
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 am Reply with quote
Seems people forget Okamiden because its on handheld and doesn't have a number in the title. No matter what the naysayers say, its still the sequel and leads to possibilities with Chibiterasu spoiler[meeting with Amaterasu on the Celestial Plains. Not to mention learning more about some of the characters since the first one.]

Quote:
Removing the filter to have more colourful experience again?
I thought they heard the original fans the first few times... Maybe we will get an option... >_>

The filter is there, but its faint. Much better than Wii when it comes to that but can't touch the PS2 version. Its like they can't copy how Clover seem to do it for PS2.

Last edited by Haterater on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:13 am Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
Pft, DLC game? Really? I speak for myself when I say I want a copy of the game for my shelf.... Capcom you make your fans mad... a lot.

Yeah, I'm not getting it if its digital only... I like to actually own my games I buy, thanks.
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:36 am Reply with quote
Sigh, I already bought this game twice and haven't even come close to finishing the Wii version yet. How can I possibly justify buying a slightly prettier digital-only copy?
formerroadie1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
I'm very excited about this!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2