• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love, Election, & Chocolate Anime's 1st Ad Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:17 am Reply with quote
This is easily one of my top 5 anticipated shows of the season. AIC Build is always good, and this was one of the highest rated/best selling VNs of 2010. Sounds like a good recipe for success to me.
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote
Your typical male student is surrounded by female archetype characters and they all wanna bang him.It is going to be so hilarious!!!!
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:08 am Reply with quote
with so many harem series this season, and with my limited time, not to mention I want good harems not the usual stuff, I probably won't watch this.

looks too typical to me even if it was a best selling VN.
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
Why must the ad torture me? Definitely my most anticipated show of the season. Two more weeks before the show airs. My only issue right now is that AIC Build simplified the character designs a bit from the watercolor style of the visual novel. Not terrible, but the VN designs look a whole lot better.

I also have to wonder what route the anime is going to take since the game forces you into the main route in the beginning (I have to figure out what the manga did - only read a few chapters here and there). I guess they can do that and keep with the plot of trying to save their club and have the rest of the girls cheer the MC on.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Kaori Mizuhashi, Yuu Asakawa, and Mai Kadowaki... wow. That really is quite tempting. Wasn't planning on giving this a shot but those are some top tier seiyuu. I'll check out the first episode at least. As long as AIC is tasteful it should be alright... actually scratch that. Really don't like the stiff animation style as shown in the trailer/PV. This one will have to surprise me if I'm going to continue it.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
This is easily one of my top 5 anticipated shows of the season. AIC Build is always good, and this was one of the highest rated/best selling VNs of 2010. Sounds like a good recipe for success to me.

Hmm i figured as much however do you have any idea who the main heroine is suppose to be?? They usually animate that route in a twelve epiosde adapt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Hmm i figured as much however do you have any idea who the main heroine is suppose to be?? They usually animate that route in a twelve epiosde adapt.

spoiler[Chisato Sumiyoshi (orange haired girl) is the main heroine. The game forces you to play her route first before you can diverge]
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Ngl the main reason I'm going to watch this is for the voice cast.

Plus Eriko Nakamura is voicing the main girl, I'm really happy she's getting more work outside of IM@S.

But on the subject of how what route the anime will take, I would think they would just go with the main girl or a harem end? Or they could try and do 3/4 eps per girl like some other VN style animes have been going lately.
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

Plus Eriko Nakamura is voicing the main girl, I'm really happy she's getting more work outside of IM@S.

If the show does well, this could help her career as a voice actress.

Quote:

But on the subject of how what route the anime will take, I would think they would just go with the main girl or a harem end? Or they could try and do 3/4 eps per girl like some other VN style animes have been going lately.

I would think the show will go with the main girl (that's what the game does. I don't know how the manga is going about it). You do have some type of overarching plot line besides having the MC go after a girl to bang.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

It is somewhat of a given she would be voicing the role, though, since she voiced her in the original game.
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

It is somewhat of a given she would be voicing the role, though, since she voiced her in the original game.

Was she working under the pseudonym of Kakitsubata Kikyou for the original PC game?
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:

Was she working under the pseudonym of Kakitsubata Kikyou for the original PC game?

Yes (beautyplanets romanizes it "Moriwaka Kikyou", but their name readings are sometimes off). As far as I can tell, the anime cast is pretty much the same as the game cast on all roles listed there (didn't spot any differences).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1