• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic Anime's 1st Preview Streamed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:43 am Reply with quote
Better quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FTG4-QshPbQ anyway as i said in the other magi thread the preview was beautifully animated which is surprising given this is a shonen manga adaption. I love the manga and its quickly rising to become one of my favorites and i have no doubt A-1 will make a great adaption so october cannot come fast enough. Oh and slight correction but its opn not open Smile .

Last edited by opn on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:48 am Reply with quote
The little girl with blue braids look cute.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:

Laughing
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:42 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:

HE is Aladdin.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote
That...is actually pretty cool preview. I've heard nothing but good things of Magi from those who read scanlations of it. Hopefully both the anime & manga will have legal releases/streams eventually. I'd love to check this series out!
Maciste

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote
Little girls messing up giant tigers?!

Sign me up!
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
Maciste wrote:

Sign me up!

Mar isn't really a little girl. Even though i don't believe we know her age its pretty obvious she's at least 17.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
The preview certainly made it look pretty cool. I was interested in the concept when I first read about it and having seen more, I'm pretty interested in seeing how this comes out.

Who needs "The Lady, or the Tiger?" when you can have the lady beat the tiger up?

opn wrote:
Maciste wrote:

Sign me up!

Mar isn't really a little girl. Even though i don't believe we know her age its pretty obvious she's at least 17.

The manga's page on wikipedia gives Morgiana's age as fourteen. I am, of course, not sure how far to trust it. I reads like mildly edited machine from the Japanese article, so I think that it might be basically reliable, but clumsy and awkward.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote
@surrender Ah i guess i either forgot it was mentioned or skimmed over it when it was mentioned in the manga.
O_him

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote
Animation looks great, as expected from A-1, but I do hope that this is going to last longer than (or be at least) 2 cours. An original ending would really ruin the experience for this series.

I'm also having high hopes for the music, and I'm not too sure what to make of the piece used in the CM... but hey, it's just a preview!

Surrender Artist wrote:

opn wrote:
Maciste wrote:

Sign me up!

The manga's page on wikipedia gives Morgiana's age as fourteen. I am, of course, not sure how far to trust it. I reads like mildly edited machine from the Japanese article, so I think that it might be basically reliable, but clumsy and awkward.

The info comes from a character stats spread in chapter 92. Morgiana is 14, while Alibaba is the one who started off as 17, and is now 18 in the current arc, iirc.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Preview has gorgeous animation, looking forward to this series.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Maciste wrote:

Sign me up!

More like little boy.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
O_him wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:

The info comes from a character stats spread in chapter 92. Morgiana is 14, while Alibaba is the one who started off as 17, and is now 18 in the current arc, iirc.

I had a feeling that it was something like that. Much obliged.

Heinzendegger wrote:
Maciste wrote:

Sign me up!

More like little boy.

I'm pretty sure that it's a girl. The character descriptions that I linked to comes, per O_him, from the manga and refer to a red haired girl who's good at kicking things named Morgiana. Morgiana is the name of a clever slave girl from the story of "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves". I'd wager that Maciste more or less got it right.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
He said little girls, there's only one girl in the main cast Morgiana as you said and she's 14 year old and is arguably a little girl but it's still two guys and one girl.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
He said little girls, there's only one girl in the main cast Morgiana as you said and she's 14 year old and is arguably a little girl but it's still two guys and one girl.

I'm still a little confused by how your retort was supposed to make sense. Maciste wrote, 'Little girls messing up giant tigers?!," which is slightly incorrect as there was just one, but instead of correcting it to, "little girl," or just, "girl," you corrected it to little boy as though one of them had been, "messing up giant tigers," except that the girl Morgiana was the only one that we saw fighting a tiger. Do you see the potential disconnect here?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3