• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf Adds Ristorante Paradiso, Hyakko, Aoi Hana 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
All misses for me. Hope the fans of these shows will support the releases so TRSI/Nozomi can get more.

Hyakko? Seriously? I mean, it's not a terrible show or anything but it doesn't have nearly as many fans or as good of ratings as several other slice-of-life comedies. But if it was cheap enough then I can understand

What other series are you referring to?

Minami-ke (48k members - 8.03 score)
Yuru Yuri (22k members - 7.67 score)
Mitsudomoe ( 23k members - 7.92 score)

But mainly Minami-ke. Also, I'm merely answering a question. I'm very happy that TRSI is picking up these titles because I know they have fans that like them, and I hope it leads to further growth. I like the idea of the new set of cheaper titles as well.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Aoi Hana, awesome yuri romance (too bad it ends right in the middle of some serious drama)

Seriously! Sad

Hopefully someone out there will license the manga to really make this a complete set!
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Yaaaaay!!! Aoi Hana has been licensed!! I will definitely buy the set when it comes out! Very Happy
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Aoi Hana, if memory serves thats the cute yuri series with the girl with the glasses I belive is it not?, Hmm....I look foward to Nozomi's release.
Animegomaniac

Apollo-kun wrote:
Going to have to agree with Megiddo on this one. I really love everything KyoAni has done up until this point (and I mean literally everything), but for some reason, Hyakko failed to resonate with me, and simply didn't motivate me to finish it.

Wrong series as I believe you're thinking of Nichijou. Maybe?

Put me down as a supporter of Hyakko, one of the few four girl high school comedies where the girls look like high schoolers.

Still won't buy it if it isn't dubbed {I'm not sure why I'm saying like it's a possibility} but I'm glad to see someone likes Hyakko enough to license it.

Last edited by Animegomaniac on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
One-Eye

Aoi Hana, very tempting purchase for me and I think relatively awesome of Right Stuf to release some of these titles. This gives me hope that other titles that have not been brought over or some under appreciated ones might find their way here.
The Count

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Wow, what a surprise. I'll be getting all three. Since these are sub only I wish they were released under the Nozomi label so I got something extra, but since Rightstuf has always done right by me I will support them and three shows I really enjoyed.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Aoi Hana!! This is a good night, indeed. Mr. Green
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Aoi Hana and Ristorante Paradiso Shocked I never thought these would see a physical release but I'm so glad they are! Very Happy
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Two out of three most definite buys for me! I love Ristorante Paradiso, and now I can get rid of my fansubs. Aoi Hana I've been wanting to watch since finding out it's by the same person who did Wandering Son.

Very excited about this Lucky Penny line, too. I hope we get some more older anime through this line.

HINT HINT: Mononoke, Moyashimon, Dennou Coil, Nodame Cantabile......

Thanks Right Stuf!! Much love from me!!
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Man, too bad RightStuf's panel was taking place at the same time as the Yuki Kajiura panel. I'd have liked to have attended that. But it's pretty awesome that they licensed Hyakko and Aoi Hana. Especially the latter. Any time some nice yuri gets picked up, I'm a happy camper!
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:13 pm Reply with quote
awesome! I can't wait to get Aoi Hana for my shelf. I never finished it either while it was on Crunchyroll, but it was one of the nicest yuri anime I had seen.

Thanks rightstuf!
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to Ristorante Paradiso (wish it was getting a dub, but it better than nothing).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Bless your heart, Right Stuf for picking up Hyakko and Aoi Hana! My only disappointment is that they will be budget releases rather than the normal Nozomi fancy editions which I would have loved, but oh well.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* Nozomi still hasn't licensed that series yet. Oh well, maybe next year...

Anyway, I've been meaning to watch Aoi Hana so great that it's being licensed for the fans! Also, yay for Ristorante Paradiso; this along with NIS America's House of Five Leaves will be perfect for my collection! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5