• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf Adds Ristorante Paradiso, Hyakko, Aoi Hana 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Natsume Ono is one of my favorite writers. Although it's more on the side of highly, likely not, it'd be curious to see how well an American dub of Italian characters could be pulled off. The actors would need to sound much more sincere than animé dubbing voice actors usually do. It could ruin the series if not pulled off well, and if there were to be a dub, Ono definitely doesn't deserve to have one that was cheaply pulled off.

I'll likely pick this up, dub or no dub. (I do prefer the latter Wink ) And if anyone's taken a look at my collection (below), that's a lot to say coming from me.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote
For one of the legions of Azumanga Daioh imitators, Hyakko is funny and actually manages a few moments of decent drama. I'll be happily buying that one.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Yuri Yuri YURI!! Yay! I'm definitely going to have to pick up Aoi Hana! But more than the anime, I wish someone would pick up the manga for it (when things actually start happening between the two main charas).

I'll have to look into the other two series as well. Edit: Correction, it's Lucky Penny, not Nozomi specifically. Regardless, I love RS and would gladly support them!

I love you guys!

Last edited by Crisha on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote
Hoping the creation of Lucky Penny means I'll be able to buy Fate/Zero's slimmed-down box set without taking out a loan or something.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:25 am Reply with quote
The fact that I will actually get to own copies of Aoi Hana and Ristorante Paradiso, gives me hope that someday I might see Mononoke too.

Yay, Right Stuf!!!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:45 am Reply with quote
Oh my god they got Aoi Hana. Instant buy
Ingraman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quote
I passed on importing Aoi Hana, because it wasn't released on Blu-ray, but I will definitely be buying this Aoi Hana release. I'll pre-order it and wait impatiently, while bemoaning the fact that it isn't a much nicer release under the Nozomi label...

After the speculation about Aoi Hana over the last couple of days, I was dreaming about it getting one of those nice boxed sets like Aria, MariMite, Emma, Sora no Woto, and a few others. ;_;
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:23 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Hoping the creation of Lucky Penny means I'll be able to buy Fate/Zero's slimmed-down box set without taking out a loan or something.

Lucky Penny is Nozomi's budget imprint. Aniplex USA has Fate/Zero.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:32 am Reply with quote
So, people in the know: Since I love Natsume Ono's House of Five Leaves manga (haven't yet watched the anime adaptation beyond the first ep as I'm waiting for the English manga release to wrap up later this year) would that necessarily translate to her Ristorante Paradiso anime adaptation? i.e. Should I buy this? Has anyone consumed both and if so could you comment?
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:43 am Reply with quote
staab99 wrote:
I'm glad that Ristorante Paradiso got licensed here, I would like to see Bartender rescued next.
Rescued from whom? Nobody's licensed it over here before.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:27 am Reply with quote
Aoi Hana? Fantastic! That's a definite must-buy, and gives me hope that it won't be the only Takako Shimura written anime they get!
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:05 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
So, people in the know: Since I love Natsume Ono's House of Five Leaves manga (haven't yet watched the anime adaptation beyond the first ep as I'm waiting for the English manga release to wrap up later this year) would that necessarily translate to her Ristorante Paradiso anime adaptation? i.e. Should I buy this? Has anyone consumed both and if so could you comment?

The Ristorante Paradiso anime is adapted from two connected Natsume Ono manga series; Ristorante Paradiso (one volume) and Gente - The People of Ristorante Paradiso (three volumes). Having watched the anime and read all of these volumes, I would say the adaptation is well done.

Really, I would say that reading the manga(s) and watching the anime are both rewarding in similar, but different ways. I find when reading the manga, i internalize the material a bit more. This is not to say that the anime doesn't carry equal weight. It is just that when watching the anime, so much of the experience is externalized, ie: watching the movements of the characters, listening to the actor's voices, reading the subs, hearing the music etc. This may just be me.

I would say the same about House of Five Leaves, which I am collecting as well. The adaptation to anime was very nicely done. Both the anime and the manga are worth the shelf space, IMO.

I love Natsume Ono's storytelling style, and the anime adaptations have been done faithfully and with great respect to the source material. Hope this helps.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:26 am Reply with quote
A budget line? I don't think our anime needs to get any cheaper than it already is. SAVE editions have brainwashed most of the folks in this region.
sepherest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote
Ristorante getting released over here? Thank you, Right Stuf! Very Happy
PingSoni
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quote
Wonderful news! Thank you again, Right Stuf!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5