• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Qwaser of Stigmata Anime

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Sentai Filmworks for God?
Sentai Filmworks confirmed for God.

I never thought I'd see the day.

So in return, allow Mr Bison to take it from here.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
okay seriously!? this is just hentai isnt it. I mean that is all it is. Theres nothing wrong with them licensing it but under their main brand. Weird.

Also 10 Licenses this weekend and i imagine we are probs still going to get more before the days out. Crazy Sentai!?!

P.S i know its not actually a Hentai , but come on....

Last edited by blaizevincent on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
There was a demand for this show? Really?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

There's a demand for boobs in any fandom, my friend.

Especially a fandom that's stereotyped as bunch of girlfriend-less nerds.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm mildly surprised the series is getting a DVD release - definitely looks like something, uh, "visually oriented" and thus needing a BD for the proper, er, "experience".
TitanXL wrote:
I don't see how this series would work dubbed. No American VA could ever match Aya Hirano's Katja. Loli characters especially seem to be the worst voiced characters in dubs.

Then again I find that true with most shows.
Or more pithily, "I hate English dubs so clearly this one would've gotten a bad one so it's good nobody gets something I wouldn't've listened to anyway".

EDIT: That said, I love the way Sentai's taking advantage of the show's bizarre concept in the PR.

Last edited by Polycell on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote

All right Sentai, now you have my attention. Want more money from me then announce that you have School Days & Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector.
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:47 pm Reply with quote
The only anime's I've been seeing getting licensed the most lately have mostly been ecchi. I guess its true what they say "boobs sale."
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
*assumes the "we are not worthy!" position*

Sentai ... you people are gods. Srsly. I was beginning to worry this would never get brought over. So, so happy to be wrong.

.....i don't even have any words for this...

Chagen46 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

There's a demand for boobs in any fandom, my friend.

Especially a fandom that's stereotyped as bunch of girlfriend-less nerds.

so I don't have a girlfriend sue me, I still like the show because it had the balls to be over the top crazy. Also a bipolar loli that makes other girls submit to her is my fetish....

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote
blaizevincent wrote:
okay seriously!? this is just hentai isnt it. I mean that is all it is. Theres nothing wrong with them licensing it but under their main brand. Weird.

No penetration, so it's not hentai.

Closest you get is tribadism and oral.
sirdano1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
What, no Blu-rays? Pass.
I want my tits in proper upscaled glory, thank you very much.
Brainchild129

Sentai's got the rights to Mysterious Girlfriend X, right? They should talk to RightStuf, because they could bundle this, MGX, and the new Queens Blade series as a Body Fluid Fetish Bargain Bundle.

I think the concept is gross, but clearly there are at least a few people who will buy it, and I doubt that Sentai broke the bank with the licencing fees for this one. It's certainly got some sort of buzz about it, which is more than can be said for the rest of Sentai's licences from this weekend.
Megiddo

There isn't a single show that has been licensed this weekend (and there have been a lot) that I care at all about. So disappointing.

Well, it's easier on my wallet at least. And Japan still makes good quality shows, but they just don't end up licensed for some reason.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Brainchild129 wrote:
Sentai's got the rights to Mysterious Girlfriend X, right? They should talk to RightStuf, because they could bundle this, MGX, and the new Queens Blade series as a Body Fluid Fetish Bargain Bundle.

I think the concept is gross, but clearly there are at least a few people who will buy it, and I doubt that Sentai broke the bank with the licencing fees for this one. It's certainly got some sort of buzz about it, which is more than can be said for the rest of Sentai's licences from this weekend.

sentai still has another, mgx and few others for blu-ray/dvd dub/sub releases so they are just balancing out the titles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Jeez, some people love getting on a high horse about ecchi anime...

Qwaser is so wildly over the top that it can get pretty funny. And believe it or not, the action was pretty good. Queens Blade was kind of like that. Funnier still, both shows had some pretty amazing background OST.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
This nonsense passing as a anime sounds horrid I will avoid this anime like its the black plauge how many fan service shows can Sentai and Funimation license just over a weekend they just keep on popping up like there is no end to them in sight.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 19