• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Qwaser of Stigmata Anime

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Very shocked this has gotten licensed, especially with Katja bordering on pedo territory.
Guess that's why it's sub-only.
Splitter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote

Balls.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Very shocked this has gotten licensed, especially with Katja bordering on pedo territory.

Well mainly loli since she is the one in control with bdsm... heaven help me =_=.. but my question is will they do the ova's/specials?? those alone even made me flinch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Qwaser is so wildly over the top that it can get pretty funny. And believe it or not, the action was pretty good. Queens Blade was kind of like that. Funnier still, both shows had some pretty amazing background OST.

Indeed. Qwaser still holds the spot for my favorite anime opening and ending, and the background OST is beautiful.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I love this show. In spite of what people WHO HAVE NOT SEEN IT say, this show is not all about the boobs. Sure, there's boobs, and lots of them. But there is also a story and character development. In fact, Sasha is one of THE BEST male leads I've seen in a long time. He doesn't take crap from anyone, act cold, but has a hidden sweet side that only his closest friends get to see. And if you ever hurt said friends, goodbye. He also has one of the best catch phrases in a long time as well "Tremble! Cower in fear!". Honestly, I say people should give this show a watch. The battles are great and the comedy isn't that bad either. I especially loved the Fate Stay Night joke.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:

Well mainly loli since she is the one in control with bdsm... heaven help me =_=.. but my question is will they do the ova's/specials?? those alone even made me flinch.

According to the article sentai got both the second season and the OVAs.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I love this show. In spite of what people WHO HAVE NOT SEEN IT say, this show is not all about the boobs. Sure, there's boobs, and lots of them. But there is also a story and character development.

I've heard this so many times about ecchi I don't even believe it anymore.

Look, people. Just admit that you're watching it for the tits, and that there's no other reason to watch the show besides the tits. Please.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:

According to the article sentai got both the second season and the OVAs.

then heaven help us all....

Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:
I love this show. In spite of what people WHO HAVE NOT SEEN IT say, this show is not all about the boobs. Sure, there's boobs, and lots of them. But there is also a story and character development.

Look, people. Just admit that you're watching it for the tits, and that there's no other reason to watch the show besides the tits. Please.

I did watch for the tits there I said it, I also watched it for the bdsm loli domintrax fetishism it has with katja making older woman submit to her with her split personality...I can't really help it I have some weird a** fetishes and this one checked the box on nearly all of them.

all a voice actress chart..IT"S NSFW PEOPLE
http://www.twitpic.com/a2rtzp

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Wow, now Sentai are God for releasing a series ideal for masturbation. I guess some people have not realized that Sentai already has been releasing actual great series like Clannad and Angel Beats! this past year.

Just imagine how much some people will praise Sentai Filmworks if they actually released full blown hentai.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Its actually a pretty solid battle shonen if you look past all the boobs... though I doubt most people could do that. But if you like battle shonens and boobs, its great.
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Fun show. The characters make for most of the fun (Tomo trolling Mafuyu, Kacha torturing Hana, Mayuri being Mayuri). Plot is shounen-ish. Great music.

Worth at least a watch.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
There isn't a single show that has been licensed this weekend (and there have been a lot) that I care at all about. So disappointing.

Well, it's easier on my wallet at least. And Japan still makes good quality shows, but they just don't end up licensed for some reason.

Agreed. The release announcements from these past days have not done much for me.
Splitter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Wow, now Sentai are God for releasing a series ideal for masturbation. I guess some people have not realized that Sentai already has been releasing actual great series like Clannad and Angel Beats! this past year.

Just imagine how much some people will praise Sentai Filmworks if they actually released full blown hentai.

Sentai is filling the void left by Media Blasters. Got it.

What a terrible con as far as license announcements goes, and what's worse, this is the one con where the announcements should be the things everyone is anticipating.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

-implying one can't watch a show for it's characters

I watch it because Katja's my favorite Aya Hirano role next to Nanael so sue me.
That and she was pretty useful in Spiral Chaos. Dat damage rating...

Was always a mandatory deploy alongside Noel, Airi and Cute.

Not to mention Katja and Hana being one of my favorite yuri pairings, even if it's one sided.

Last edited by Lynx Amali on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Its actually a pretty solid battle shonen if you look past all the boobs... though I doubt most people could do that. But if you like battle shonens and boobs, its great.

I love Battle Shounens and all their ridiculous cliches and I love boobs, but it took seeing roughly two minutes of this atrocity for me to realize that this show is...ugh.

Just UGH.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 19