• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses So, I Can't Play H! Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Good era of anime to be an ecchi fan. Twisted Evil
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I still think the English name makes no sense.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I thought Funimation would have gotten this, of course I should have known this since CR got it that Sentai would be the one. Hopefully if I like the series I will buy it once it comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
I thought Funimation would have gotten this, of course I should have known this since CR got it that Sentai would be the one. Hopefully if I like the series I will buy it once it comes out.

So, three of the CR simulcasts look to be associated with Sentai. I wonder how many more there are?

Sentai is surely on an annoucement spree this weekend - either the price is right or they got a bunch of these in a bundle package.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:

So, three of the CR simulcasts look to be associated with Sentai. I wonder how many more there are?

Sentai is surely on an annoucement spree this weekend - either the price is right or they got a bunch of these in a bundle package.

Since all but chitose get you have the same regional restrictions....im guessing all 8 (9 if they got SAO) of the anime cr got will be sentai licenses.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Can Sentai really afford to bring all of these shows out, or is there some kind of tax loophole trick they're using them for? Maybe the MG barrier really is gone and they can just move straight to releasing DVDs with zero overhead, the subs would have been done for the simulcasts well in advance anyway.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
so the same story set-up as high school dxd.... excuse me for a moment
Suicide
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
superdry wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:

Since all but chitose get you have the same regional restrictions....im guessing all 8 (9 if they got SAO) of the anime cr got will be sentai licenses.

They'll probably only license the ecchi shows and reverse harems. Stuff like Jinrui will remain unlicensed.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm begining to think that Sentai is deliberately trolling the ANN forums with their licenses! This is hilarious!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

Nah, very little is on Qwaser's level short of full blown hentai. Even most hentai are that fetishistic.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
opn wrote:
superdry wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:

They'll probably only license the ecchi shows and reverse harems. Stuff like Jinrui will remain unlicensed.

They have licensed stranger things before but we'll see.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Hooray! Stock Ecchi Anime #40409450-B has been licensed!

Now we can put on the shelves with Stock Echhi Anime #40409449-B!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
so the same story set-up as high school dxd.... excuse me for a moment
Suicide

Except it's sort of the opposite. I'm intrigued by the MC losing his sense of being perverted or thinking perverted thoughts, though.

Looking forwarding to checking this out at least since I did enjoy High School DxD (which started off terrible, but ended well).

VORTIA wrote:
I'm begining to think that Sentai is deliberately trolling the ANN forums with their licenses! This is hilarious!

You mean Japan is trolling ANN with this season. Very Happy
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Yet another ecchi anime. This one though I've actually been reading the manga and it actually has a good story and is funny.

Ok on a different subject, who wants to bet with me that later down in the road we see the license of Asa Mada Jugyou Chu... huh anyone?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3