• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Completely' New Hayate the Combat Butler Anime Slated for Fall with Manglobe

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:49 pm Reply with quote
So they're doing what the anime version of Negima did, having a different company reboot the series with a new art direction.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm new to the Hayate series so I really don't know what to think of this as I try to catch up. It sounds like it may be a reboot since from what I've heard season one took alot of fillers and stuff *I skipped it becuase thanks to beelzebub's anime, I'm VERY bitter towards original material in comedy series* and thus there are a few mix ups with the second season sofar as I'm viewing along with the manga. The movie was... alright... I suppose. Didn't hate it. and I really don't have that big of problems with the characters designs.

I don't know what this next arc is supposed to be (I rather find out myself) but all I want is for something to not stray from the manga, but from what I'm hearing the creator is going with something he wanted to do beforehand or something... eh I'll see...

Say after this world end arc tell me in numbers, how many more important arcs are there afterwards that I'll need to read up on? JUST TELL ME IN NUMBERS. NOT THE TITLES OR WHAT THEY ARE ABOUT.
Eric10301

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm all for a reboot. The character designs don't bother me in the least and I always felt like s1 had some great stuff in it but was really dragged down by a ton of filler. If they are going to give us a concise story that follows the manga from the start than I don't see the problem. Especially if s3 was never going to happen anyway.
Ferian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
^ Season 2 follows the manga. So had the first episodes of season one. This is not the same case as with Fullmetal Alchemist, for example; there is no reason to reboot.

Thatguy3331 wrote:
Say after this world end arc tell me in numbers, how many more important arcs are there afterwards that I'll need to read up on? JUST TELL ME IN NUMBERS. NOT THE TITLES OR WHAT THEY ARE ABOUT.
The next serious arc is still on-going. There was a sub-plot spanning several chapters recently which can be considered its own arc but whether it counts depends on your definition of seriousness. Also, I do not make a distinction between the flashback part and the Athens part and count them as two halfs of a single arc separated by several gag side-stories. So the answer is one or two or three depending on how you look at it.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Ferian wrote:

Thatguy3331 wrote:
The next serious arc is still on-going. There was a sub-plot spanning several chapters recently which can be considered its own arc but whether it counts depends on your definition of seriousness. Also, I do not make a distinction between the flashback part and the Athens part and count them as two halfs of a single arc separated by several gag side-stories. So the answer is one or two or three depending on how you look at it.

K, thanks!
omnistry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote
The movie character designs look fine to me. Don't see why everyone is getting worked up about it. Just enjoy the fact that one of the funniest anime series ever made is coming back.

Trust me: so long as Wakamoto is narrator, all will be fine.
Ferian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
The movie character designs look fine to me. Don't see why everyone is getting worked up about it.

This. I may be biased by reading the manga on a weekly basis, though.

omnistry wrote:
Trust me: so long as Wakamoto is narrator, all will be fine.

He wasn't in the movie, mind you.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
Just enjoy the fact that one of the funniest anime series ever made is coming back.

Assuming the new outing is funny. ^_~ (I think I'll rewatch Haiyore! Nyarlko-san.)
mad mac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Assuming the new outing is funny

That's the catch, yeah. If it's not an adaption of existing material no one knows what to expect. Confused

Still, doing an original story written for a t.v. format instead of adapting whatever from a long-running manga isn't inherently a bad idea, especially since Hata appears to have had a major hand in writing it. It's a bold move and I have to give them credit for that much.

Whether it all comes together is another story, though.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

That is not a promotional image for the new anime. As the original Japanese source Comic Natalie clearly states, that is simply the first page of the latest Hayate the Combat Butler manga installment. The anime news happens to be announced in the same issue.
mad mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that's just the color page Hayate gets every few months.

If you want some actual news about the anime, Hata updated his blog with a few comments.

http://www.websunday.net/backstage/hata/

Not much there, but it does confirm that it's very definitely a "New Hayate no Gotoku" and not a third season. Also says that it's not entirely his authorship.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Oo, my body's ready for this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3