• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Safe streaming anime sites.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caleb-kun89sw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Hello. I apologize if this is the wrong place for this kind of question, but I was wanting to know what websites are safe and virus-free for watching anime. I've had interest in sites like Crunchyroll and The Anime Network, but I've heard conflicting reports regarding them. So I was just wondering if either of them are safe, and if not, what other ones are? Thanks!

[EDIT: Made your title a little more particular. -TK]
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll and TAN are safe and legit.
Veers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Besides those, legit youtube channels, Funimation's own site, and sites that aren't "anime sites" but do serve anime, like hulu and netflix.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Basically what everyone said. Funimation on youtube, Hulu, and Crunchyroll are safe legal and free sites to watch a lot of animes. Of course they don't have everything and there are commercials.
Lupica

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Though you can get rid of the commercials if you subscribe, which I find worthwhile.
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Lupica wrote:
Though you can get rid of the commercials if you subscribe, which I find worthwhile.

That's true for Crunchyroll, but sadly not true for Hulu. Subscribing to Hulu Plus gives you the option of viewing on more devices and access to more content, but you'll still have to watch commercials.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Crackle, also, is an option. I haven't had experience with their web services, but I have had experience with their Xbox 360 app.

Which is another point. Netflix, Hulu Plus, Crackle, and Manga Entertainment all have apps for the Xbox 360, allowing you to stream via your console. The former two do charge, but the latter two are free. Crackle isn't bad, but Manga Entertainment I would avoid unless you really want to watch the titles. I watched the first episode of No e in (which wasn't listed first in their episode list, fyi), and in that half hour, there had to have been at least 5-6 commercial breaks. These ads, besides not being between scenes, would sometimes come mid-sentence or even mid-word, and it seemed almost as if the episode wasn't paused while the ad was playing, because it never seemed to come back in quite the same place.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll
Hulu
Crackle
Netflix
Anime-Network
Funimation
Nico-Nico
You-tube "make sure it's legal but they do exist"
Viki

That's it for legal streaming it took me bit to think of the last site however there is quite a few choices here and some even apps on major game consoles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1