• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin Epilogue Gets Anime Film

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drale

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
Finally!
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:54 am Reply with quote
Yay! Looking forward to this.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
I take it this film is the true final chapter of Kara no Kyoukai where we get to see spoiler[Kokutou and Shiki's future together instead of the strange chat between the two from the OAV released from last year.]

If so, definitely looking forward to this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DRWii

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:00 am Reply with quote
Cool, I was always curious about this story. Hopefully it'll get released here.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote
Definitely looking forward to this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IkariGendo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
Typo? Isn't it the 10th anniversary?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
sweet anther movie cant wait for it
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

Oh boy I cannot WAIT for this!
青白

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
Totally looking forward to this. But wouldn't this be somewhat in conflict with the epilogue that was previously animated? In that epilogue I think Shiki randomly disappeared.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:38 am Reply with quote
Hmm...I wonder if the blu-ray version of the previous set will be re-released to coincide with this one or an all inclusive set.
RagnarIV

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Hmm...I wonder if the blu-ray version of the previous set will be re-released to coincide with this one or an all inclusive set.

That would be nice, but I get the feeling that the chances of that are minuscule at best. However, I believe I recall hearing that Aniplex is planning to release the movies on DVD at a more sane price.
Looking forward to this, in any case.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote
RagnarIV wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:

That would be nice, but I get the feeling that the chances of that are minuscule at best. However, I believe I recall hearing that Aniplex is planning to release the movies on DVD at a more sane price.
Looking forward to this, in any case.

You can't release the epilogue without the previous set in circulation. People don't normally buy just the end of a series. It doesn't have to include what was in the first set or look like the first set. Like what KyoAni did with the Air box sets.

And.. since subs are available, any theoretical second Japanese release may include those subs. Aniplex USA would just have to import the Japanese set and charge a similar price again.
DRWii

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
You can't release the epilogue without the previous set in circulation. People don't normally buy just the end of a series.

Except, looking specifically at the Japanese side of things, these movies are a few years old and are aimed at an audience who probably already have the rest the series; the second movie alone was Amazon Japan's second best-selling DVD of 2008. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised of a lot of the Japanese fans bought it twice (once when it came out on DVD and again when the BD set came out).
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:
You can't release the epilogue without the previous set in circulation. People don't normally buy just the end of a series.

Except, looking specifically at the Japanese side of things, these movies are a few years old and are aimed at an audience who probably already have the rest the series; the second movie alone was Amazon Japan's second best-selling DVD of 2008. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised of a lot of the Japanese fans bought it twice (once when it came out on DVD and again when the BD set came out).

Yeah, and they have a thirty year history of buying anime one episode at a time, I see no reason why it requires a new boxset release.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm assuming this is what Ufotable will be working on now that Fate/Zero is over. Pretty awesome. I just hope that Aniplex brings it over to the US. I don't see why they wouldn't considering they did release the rest of the movies here. I'm hoping that when this is done that maybe Ufotable can tackle a Heaven's Feel adaptation. I know I keep saying it over and over but hell I really wanna see what they could do with it after seeing how well Fate/Zero worked out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3