• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
You mean the "pin pon" sound? That's their imitation of a "you got it right" buzzer/bell thing on a game show.
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
There's also "atari", which means the same thing.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
No no, Yttrbios is what I was looking for. It always sounded like peepo to me, but I was sure that wasn't right.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Visual Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Aloha people,

Hope you can help me out with this. I've been looking for a certain anime for quite a while now, and (finally) realized that I wont find it without some professional help Confused

It's been almost 4 years since I've last seen it, so my memories of it are rather blurry. Bare with me Embarassed

The story's about people who are “resurrected” from death and have to repay their newly regained life in the form of bounties. There are 3 protagonists iirc: a girl who has the ability to track the bounties (something with her eyes), and 2 guys who need to switch hands (I know, weird) to summon weapons. There's also a girl at the bounty-office who thinks her hands are living creatures by themselves, and “talks” with 'em.

May sound pretty vague, but that's about as much as I can remember :'s there may be some errors in my story, since it's been a while :3

Hope you can help me out on this?

Cheereoh
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like Zombie Loan.
Visual Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
Sounds like Zombie Loan.

That's it! Oh man, I wanna buy you a truckload full of sweets/chocolates now! Embarassed
hakome

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I watched this series a long time ago, but I only remember one scene and I can't recall the title at all. There is a room filled with furniture covered in white sheets. There is a man with long hair who flashes back to when he died by falling off the balcony. Does anyone know what series/movie/OAV this is?
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quote
hakome wrote:
I watched this series a long time ago, but I only remember one scene and I can't recall the title at all. There is a room filled with furniture covered in white sheets. There is a man with long hair who flashes back to when he died by falling off the balcony. Does anyone know what series/movie/OAV this is?

You said you saw this "a long time ago." Can you give at least an approximate time factor? It would help eliminate several options. And what language was it in when you saw it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
murph76

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote
@hakome: Is it possibly Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie? There's a room with furniture covered by white sheets. A male character that uses it has long hair, but another character falls from a balcony. That's what first popped into my head, at least.
hakome

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:24 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
@hakome: Is it possibly Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie? There's a room with furniture covered by white sheets. A male character that uses it has long hair, but another character falls from a balcony. That's what first popped into my head, at least.

Ohh wow! This was it exactly! Thanks so much!
dmartins

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
What is the name of the anime show or manga of a black hair boy holding a blonde hair girl on the homepage of ANN at the top?
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote
dmartins wrote:
What is the name of the anime show or manga of a black hair boy holding a blonde hair girl on the homepage of ANN at the top?

Perhaps Sword Art Online?
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/phanhien1412/Sword-art-online-vol1-cover.jpg

dmartins

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote
hyojodoji wrote:
dmartins wrote:

Perhaps Sword Art Online?
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/phanhien1412/Sword-art-online-vol1-cover.jpg

Yes, that is the one! Smile Thank you.
INeedSomeHelp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:41 am Reply with quote
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 377 of 569