• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Ranks #1 For June Manga Sales in U.S. Bookstores

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Good to know the series is still selling well despite all the whining people do online in regards to Bleach.

But of course thats obviously due to the speed-up, which i'm still really happy VIZ did (finally) admitingly even a genuine fan such as myself probably would have started to lose interest if they hadn't speed things up.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Precisely no accounting for taste...
ninjaclown

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:

Oh here we go, incoming "holier than thou" tactical strike in 3...2..1...
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:

I smell a Parasprite,. Laughing

Also personally I don't think anyone online has the right to talk about taste, since its you know, all pretty much subjective.

And one could argue not a single modern fan in any fanbase has any taste depending on how yea slice it. Razz
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
Good to know the series is still selling well despite all the whining people do online in regards to Bleach.

Never listen to idiots online. As soon as something gets popular, it becomes cool to bash it. Anyone who honestly believes a world-wide phenomenon like Bleach is hated by a large majority is an idiot or a troll.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Never listen to idiots online. As soon as something gets popular, it becomes cool to bash it. Anyone who honestly believes a world-wide phenomenon like Bleach is hated by a large majority is an idiot or a troll.

True, and again that all goes back to how well one is at handling opinions different then there own. I mean for example, even though I may not see eye to eye with you all the time Titan (and even argue/ attempt to argue) I still respect your views or am at the very least tolerant of them. (even if I don't always show it.)

But yeah popular things will always be bashed be they anime, comics, games, toons ,etc. (Part of that is most likely due to butt -hurt though.)
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Excellent news indeed for Bleach! People are in for treat when the current arc of Bleach makes it to american shores I'm sure they will sell every well when released!
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Even though I've never gotten into the story, I appreciate the art of Bleach. Nice to see the volumes are putting up solid numbers.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quote
why people always hate on popular stuffs? There are 1000 more manga worst than bleach for them to hate out there.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote
1. Walking Dead 3rd Season!

2. Legend of Korra finale!

TitanXL wrote:
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Happens to North American properties too! Laughing
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Walking Dead 3rd Season!

Legend of Korra finale!

TitanXL wrote:
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Happens to North American properties too! Laughing

I think you mean Walking Dead Season Two. Season three doesn't air until October, though I wouldn't be surprised if people were already complanning after the sneak previews.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:01 am Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
Also personally I don't think anyone online has the right to talk about taste, since its you know, all pretty much subjective.

And one could argue not a single modern fan in any fanbase has any taste depending on how yea slice it. Razz

Stop hiding behind the false idol of subjectivity; there are objective truths, no matter how much you wish otherwise. Bleach is an objectively badly-written Manga with rankings so poor it is on its final arc because the author can't write characters and story worth a damn (he's even admitted to this).

And of course I have good taste. Don't lump me into the same category as people who think Bleach is the cat's pyjamas.
ninjaclown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
blah blah blah

No one was talking about you. Rolling Eyes
Kuromamushi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Then pray tell, what can we argue about? It's no use arguing about facts, so what does that leave us with, if not taste?

dtm42 wrote:
Stop hiding behind the false idol of subjectivity; there are objective truths, no matter how much you wish otherwise. Bleach is an objectively badly-written Manga with rankings so poor it is on its final arc because the author can't write characters and story worth a damn (he's even admitted to this).

Where has Kubo admitted that? Some interview or...? Not that I need his confirmation to know Bleach has atrocious problems with storytelling. I've found that out by reading it. Even if there's a good, exciting plot to the series, it's hard to see it because the whole thing's so stretched out and slow-paced.

It's still selling really well, but a lot of things can happen in the years and years that the final arc is supposed to take to finish. Hell, the sales and rankings might drop so drastically that despite Bleach's status as a mega hit, it'll be forced to end prematurely. That happened to Saint Seiya, which, somewhat ironically, is one of Kubo's favorite manga and a huge influence on Bleach.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:50 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

And of course I have good taste. Don't lump me into the same category as people who think Bleach is the cat's pyjamas.

http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/factsopinions.html

I think you need this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2