• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
williamflipper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:57 am Reply with quote
You convinced me Ser, but why this is on 3DS and not on DS? I'm really questioning the reason to be of my 3DS, mine is running only great DS game on the crappy 3ds screen... and you?
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:00 am Reply with quote
Don't see the appeal myself. If I want an FF soundtrack, I'll listen to it. From some Let's Plays on YouTube it's not even some kind of story narrative like Parappa, just.. random minigames of songs.
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
My 'I Want This' meter just skyrocketed. I really wish it had been released for the DS and not the 3DS, though. Sad So far it's the only 3DS game I'm interested in, and I just can't justify buying the console at full price with only one possible song to enjoy. I have enough of a backlog as is.

Maybe I'll just buy the game now and get the console later... I wonder if Theatrhythm is at risk of going out of print before I buy it.
daveriley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Don't see the appeal myself. If I want an FF soundtrack, I'll listen to it. From some Let's Plays on YouTube it's not even some kind of story narrative like Parappa, just.. random minigames of songs.
Well, nobody says you have to, but rhythm games are pretty rarely about narrative (Guitar Hero, Rock Band, everything from Konami), nor is there a law that says "everything developed with a Final Fantasy name has to have a story!" As a bit of fan-service, I'm happy they didn't try to shoehorn in more than a cursory story. The music speaks for itself.
Dreg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Probably going to pick this up. Theatrhythm and Rhythm Thief have me way more excited for ryhthm games than I ever thought I'd be.
whatah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
I am sorry to head about the loadtimes; since DS/3DS is cartridge based and not optical disk based in general I consider lack of loadtimes to be one of the great assets of the system.
Sean_Hiruki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Huh sounds fun. Ti be honest I never heard of this game. Too bad I do not have a Gameboy. Perhaps when I get one I will get this game with Chrono Trigger. Thanks Mr. Riley.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kazume

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:23 am Reply with quote
[/quote]nor is there a law that says "everything developed with a Final Fantasy name has to have a story!" [/quote]

So true, I mean look at 13, the "cinematic masterpiece" Anime hyper (ba-dum-tss)
Probably the "best story ever told" in a FF game because it's incredible visuals left nothing to the imagination. Hell everything we imagined a FF game to look like was present in this game...

Sadly the same can't be said about it's gameplay :'(

in b-4-13 supporters come in and start tossing rocks Razz

In retrospect, 12 was one of my favorites but even I agree on it's story becoming non-existent past the halfway point :'(
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1