• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quote

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate

12 episodes
Genre: Romance, Drama

Synopsis:Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate follows the protagonist Yuuki Oojima, who attends Private Takafuji Academy, a large school with over 6,000 students. Yuuki is a member of the food research club, along with seven others, including his childhood friend Chisato Sumiyoshi. The members leisurely spend their time in the club not doing much activities. When the election of the next student council president comes up, the front runner Satsuki Shinonome proposes that clubs that have no merit should be sorted out and abolished. The food research club seeks advice from the current student council president Yakumo Mori, who suggests Yuuki run in the election as an opposing candidate. Yuuki learns about the issues facing the school and decides to run in the election.

Okay I was expecting this to be your typical harem romance anime with all the cliche girls, but the beginning was totally unexpected. I totally did not see a shady deal and a hit and run being apart of your typical harem opening clip. The bedroom scene right after the opening song was what I was expecting to happen first lol. Overall I enjoyed the first episode. The characters are nice. There doesn't seem to be an overbearing character. Even the tsundere childhood friend seems like a calmer version of tsundere. I like the gay guy. His "yaoi stick" scene was hilarious.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:09 am Reply with quote
Ye, I also found the beginning scene to be a bit shocking that derives a bit from the typical series that I expected from this.

Well, it looks like there's something special about spoiler[Yuki as he's something about to "see" what other people cannot?]

Anyways, I'm expecting a lot of drama out of this series in the upcoming episodes and most likely real romance spoiler[(other than that humorous rejected "confession" Laughing )] later on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Otishio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:11 am Reply with quote
Now, I typically enjoy harems anyways. Regardless of the characters it's just usually my cup of tea. But, this one particularly was pretty good. As said already by the other posters, the ending was a very odd, but fresh start for a harem. I do like the animation and the characters (especially Michiru). What really surprised me was spoiler[Yuki seeing things that no-one else could. The mask was especially odd.] In total, this is one of the ones that I'm looking forward to the most among the Summer anime.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quote
Looks like this may be the one that rides the cliche train, although yeah the beginning was odd, like they might work a good amount depth into the show. Sweets can only take a show so far.

Yaoi guy is current favourite, as the type does not appear too much, and I enjoyed Hasuta from last season's Lovecraft romance anime.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:21 am Reply with quote
oh my look this more to it something mix of all in it from drama, harem, comedy, main guy got same voice as Tomoya Okazaki, sweets, fun, big JUGS, a teacher drink beer with big cup, etc so much.

it also got a conspiracy with hit-run doing adding also rid of evidience memory chip like take a potato chip & EAT IT!!!

yet also chocolate http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs38/f/2008/359/c/3/did_you_say_Chocolate__by_MegansAmazingArt.jpg

hmm stick with it to see what else to expect?
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I now understand why I watch anime involving high school students. The way the childhood friend woke up the main character - I, too, have delusions of that happening to me. One day, one day... it will happen.

I was baffled by how the episode started. It didn't seemed to make much sense until the middle of episode. I still didn't understand what was going on until my friend explained it to me.

I'm pleased with the show so far. The characters are enjoyable and I like the character designs. The story is alright so far but the main problem I had was how the episode began. spoiler[I also have a problem with how the Food Club chose the main character as a candidate for school president.]

All in all, it's a fun show. I'll probably watch it to the end cause some of these chicks are good looking. How the childhood friend woke up MC was a nice plus, too. I hope to see more of that.
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I just realized, the show will only have 12 episodes airing on TV? I guess we'll have a bonus episode 13 when the last volume of the home media release comes out (unless it'll contain episode 12 and some other special instead of a bonus episode, but I highly doubt that) since the first volume, which has been solicited already, only contains the first episode. Generally, that means the release is going to be split over 7 volumes.

Interesting.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:05 am Reply with quote
For whatever reason, I am always fond of female teachers who drink, but there was plenty of other stuff for me to like, as well. In many ways, the characters and situations are standard Anime Database stuff thrown in the blender, but there is something about the resulting concoction that is its own thing, too.
Parse Error

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote
This one didn't blow me away, but it did enough to make me want to keep watching, at least for another episode or two. I do worry when there was very clearly nothing naughty under the huge white splotch, so they're just trying to sell discs by making the broadcast ugly because there's not much confidence in the show's quality.
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
For whatever reason, I am always fond of female teachers who drink, but there was plenty of other stuff for me to like, as well.

Too bad some school districts do not agree with your fondness for teachers who publicly drink, even on their own time. I doubt they could even get their heads around having teachers drink on campus while supervising a student club, comedy value notwithstanding.

FWIW, that school is under a personal embargo of mine, so aspiring teachers under my supervision are officially discouraged from doing their field experience there until they apologize and give her job back. Sometimes it's good to be an education professor.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first ep, ngl I was mainly interested in how Eriko Nakamura was going to handle voicing the main girl since I've really only heard her in Idolm@ster. Have to say I was really surprised since if I hadn't known before hand I wouldn't have been able to tell they were voiced by the same person.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

One of the requirements to be a great leader of a nation is to have the ability to give great speeches. Way to dig your own grave dude by delivering that speech. I like how he treats his childhood friend as like a sister instead of a hot friend. Looks like this time the girl is stuck in the friend zone and not the other way around.

Also anyone know why people keep mistaking his name as Ooshima and not Oojima? Even if they read his student ID they make the same mistake. Do some Japanese words/symbols have multiple ways of pronouncing it?
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
this ep yuki tried to get not be run for president after some wonder & talks from females, head of the financial affairs department, & current pres.

well give wonder speech & talks who snack club to run for pres it end up back to yuki for pres & right on he did dig own grave for it.

give seeing yet more hmm like chisato’s bit hmm on chocolate & etc hmm on it.
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

Also anyone know why people keep mistaking his name as Ooshima and not Oojima? Even if they read his student ID they make the same mistake. Do some Japanese words/symbols have multiple ways of pronouncing it?

Yea, that's what I think it is...just kanji confusion.

For shits and giggles, I decided to put his name "大島" in Google Translate and it translates it as "Oshima." Now, if I do the reverse with Ojima, Google Translate spits out "尾島," notice the last character is the same. And, Google allows you to click on "尾島" to edit or see alternate translations and "大島" is one of them.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I liked the pregnancy joke, really reminds me of some of the ones used in Haiyore. Why is there not a yaoi choice more often?

Also she runs into him, and he says sorry, he fixes her chain, and he says thank you. I can understand being nice, but it is a bit sad. Well at least it she is not really bad, in fact the anime has barely given any reason why they should be kept, or at least making both sides having a point so that neither is evil.

Oh and the low income scholarships not being able to join clubs seems a bit sad, perhaps they will be able to change it, or it would be interesting if that was the point of cutting some clubs.

I wonder what "blue" meant.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6