• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Remastered

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Among all Sega games, I really want a HD re-release for Skies of Arcadia. Leaving that game on two systems that RPG fans didn't own is a crime.

"LAMBDA BLAST!"

Sweet memories.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
Sven Viking wrote:
NiGHTS was weird as a mascot character. He should have just slapped a suit of armour and jetpack onto an opossum or something.

Nights started development in 1994. It was Sonic Team's attempt to do something different. After Sonic 3, SEGA of Japan felt the series need a much needed break.

Different and weird. I was mostly just making a joke about Rocket Knight, though. Nothing against the actual NiGHTS games.
Arrei

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:27 am Reply with quote
The article talking about Xillia coming over being expected is rather off the mark, considering the series was dormant in the west since '08, until it woke up, announced Graces f for localization last year and promptly went back to sleep for another half year, ending up releasing without much fanfare at all.

Seems they're actually putting more effort into promoting it this time around, and I can't wait for next year to come so I can grab Xillia and Ni no Kuni.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
Sven Viking wrote:
NiGHTS was weird as a mascot character. He should have just slapped a suit of armour and jetpack onto an opossum or something.

Nights started development in 1994. It was Sonic Team's attempt to do something different. After Sonic 3, SEGA of Japan felt the series need a much needed break.

Different and weird. I was mostly just making a joke about Rocket Knight, though. Nothing against the actual NiGHTS games.

Rocket Knight Adventures was a Konami developed Genesis/Mega Drive title.

I get it, though.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Arrei wrote:
The article talking about Xillia coming over being expected is rather off the mark, considering the series was dormant in the west since '08, until it woke up, announced Graces f for localization last year and promptly went back to sleep for another half year, ending up releasing without much fanfare at all.

Seems they're actually putting more effort into promoting it this time around, and I can't wait for next year to come so I can grab Xillia and Ni no Kuni.

How is it off the mark exactly, Mr. New Account? Tales has been gaining steam here for some time now.
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Tales has been gaining steam here for some time now.

In a way, it's been gaining steam ever since Namco released Vesperia on the PS3 and didn't bring it to the US. I think that was the start of fans starting to be really vocal about the franchise.

I still hope for Rebirth to be released in he US at some point. I can keep dreaming, right?
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote
Todd, If we can get anything new after Monster World 6, I'm down.

There will be no FF7 remake far too many people had their hands in it. It is not Square's alone.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
I still hope for Rebirth to be released in he US at some point. I can keep dreaming, right?

I'm not sure how they can pull that off when the game is so old, unless they remade it to the power of ten or something. It got a barebones PSP port (no additions, weaker sound output), which did nothing to appease Tales-hungry fans and so far that's the only way U.S. gamers can enjoy Rebirth.
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
superdry wrote:

I'm not sure how they can pull that off when the game is so old, unless they remade it to the power of ten or something. It got a barebones PSP port (no additions, weaker sound output), which did nothing to appease Tales-hungry fans and so far that's the only way U.S. gamers can enjoy Rebirth.

That's why I said I can keep dreaming. Of course, if Bamco decides to port it to the Vita, that's a possibility. I have the JP PS2 version sitting on my shelf, but haven't played much of it due to language barrier.
Arrei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:50 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
How is it off the mark exactly, Mr. New Account? Tales has been gaining steam here for some time now.

Perhaps your idea of gaining steam is different from mine? Not exactly sure why you need to bring up my account's age, but whatever.

The last Tales releases before Graces f from a few months ago were Vesperia and the spinoff DotNW, from over three years ago. Another localization was only announced last year, then over half a year passed before we even got a trailer, and the game finally hit our shores a few months ago, but without much fanfare and fewer sales than their '08 offerings pushed as a result. Fans feared that might mean the end of localization efforts, but on the contrary they decided to start up support for the series again, giving us Xillia as the series rubs the sleep out of its eyes after its hibernation, and interacting with the community a lot more, to the vast delight of myself and other fans.

Long story short I was just saying the deck was kind of stacked against us rather than for us as far as localizations were concerned.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
Arrei wrote:
Perhaps your idea of gaining steam is different from mine? Not exactly sure why you need to bring up my account's age, but whatever.

The last Tales releases before Graces f from a few months ago were Vesperia and the spinoff DotNW, from over three years ago. Another localization was only announced last year, then over half a year passed before we even got a trailer, and the game finally hit our shores a few months ago, but without much fanfare and fewer sales than their '08 offerings pushed as a result. Fans feared that might mean the end of localization efforts, but on the contrary they decided to start up support for the series again, giving us Xillia as the series rubs the sleep out of its eyes after its hibernation, and interacting with the community a lot more, to the vast delight of myself and other fans.

Long story short I was just saying the deck was kind of stacked against us rather than for us as far as localizations were concerned.

Oh, the name was just me having some fun. It's got nothing to do with me questioning your experience.

Your points are valid, but I'm saying it's gained steam because, before, the gap was due to Dumbco's inherent stupidity with thinking what qualifies as a great-selling game. Our NB branch finally got it in their thick skulls that we wanted more Tales after years of turning the other cheek and blocking their ears while bringing us games we don't give two knocks about. Believe me, I'm one of those fans who want Tales to keep going strong here. It seemed bleak, but when people persist, things can happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3