• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! - Character Arc de Triumph

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Just let it be. Either way, no side wins. Neither you nor the staff at ANN.

Well, I'm not planning to get into a tit-for-tat match here, certainly not with an Admin who loves to ban people for no good reason. But I at least wanted to address how Zac attempted to dismiss my legitimate points by accusing me of not knowing anything about communication. Although, I may have made a mistake in telling him to talk to his columnist; the 'joke' should have been picked up in editing and it wasn't.

Surrender Artist wrote:
Complaining about misandry is far more a psychological reflex and rhetorical tactic than attempt to draw attention to a problem.

Thankfully I never had to experience a messy divorce, but men are unambiguously discriminated against in the divorce court systems here in New Zealand, and have been for decades (at least). That is institutionalised misandry, no question about it. Also in New Zealand there is social (though not legal) discrimination against male kindergarten teachers who comprise little more than one percent of kindergarten staff. Finally, there is a subtle but devastating misandry that exists in schools and universities, not against male teachers but against male students. The education system is so geared up to helping girls and women that boys are being left behind. That isn't just a catchphrase, it's stark reality and the gap is only getting wider.

Is the level of misandry in society as bad as or worse than misogyny? Hell no. But don't belittle it.

Last edited by dtm42 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Yays, a troll.

No, fudge you.
Genet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:

Quote:
And you know what I personally believe could cut down on the number of incidents of rape in real life? Men (and this is mainly a men thing, though women can and have been rapist with both female and male victims, and that is equally as heinous), learning that if someone says no they mean no. That taking advantage of a friend when she is mentally compromised by alcohol or the like is NOT okay, and that they are raping her. One in six women and one in 33 men in the United States will be victims of rape in their lifetimes. That is not the fault of the victims, that is the fault of the scumbags who think that it is remotely acceptable to have sex with someone without their consent.

It takes two to tango.

Oh my god.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

I will flat out say this and take shit for it, either we are all equal as human beings or not. There shouldn't be special treatment for people based on religion, race, gender etc nor should any agenda both ways. Saying sexism is on different levels is b.s. because it's all sexism and needs to stop. You know what I hate ads with beefy guys in their underwear, ripped abs showing off hanes newest line as much as I hate Victoria secret showing off a hourglass built woman in lingerie.

Except we aren't all actually treated equal.

Also, why do you hate both of those things? That seems to be entirely missing the point here.

I treat people equally based on who they are as stated before our generation is in charge of doing this now and re-opining old wounds that are nearly 50 years old now don't serve a point.

I'm not missing the point at all fence-dude the point if both are sexist then both parties need to acknowledge this to make it stop. Saying oh this is okay because I'm a guy this is targeted at me or this is okay because I'm girl and this is targeted at me. This doesn't make it less sexist so as far as I concerned either both parties put up or shut up on the issue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote

I'm not missing the point at all fence-dude the point if both are sexist then both parties need to acknowledge this to make it stop. Saying oh this is okay because I'm a guy this is targeted at me or this is okay because I'm girl and this is targeted at me. This doesn't make it less sexist so as far as I concerned either both parties put up or shut up on the issue.

A) Don't hyphenate my name. Thats stupid

B) That makes no goddamn sense.

Genet wrote:

Oh my god.

I know, right?
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Genet wrote:

Oh my god.

I blanched too.

Anyone who thinks that way is a troll and/or a piece of work. Just ignore them.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Going to start handing out bans pretty liberally if you people can't keep it civil.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Going to start handing out bans pretty liberally if you people can't keep it civil.

You going to start with the slut-shaming rape apologist?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Zac wrote:

Yep. In fact he's already gone.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Zac wrote:

Yep. In fact he's already gone.

Thank you. And that should end that line of discussion.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

A) Don't hyphenate my name. Thats stupid

B) That makes no goddamn sense.

Genet wrote:

Oh my god.

I know, right?

1.) auto correct/spell check does that not me

2.) How doesn't make any sense sexism exist with both genders In ads, anime, book, t.v., music etc. To say it doesn't is retarded, I personally find ads with buff guys on tv offensive because it portrays something that doesn't exist and people lust after. I'm also against woman being objectifies as well in the same ads in the same way.

If you want gender equality for all then both NEED TO STOP how the hell is that so hard to comprehend?

I see a ban incoming for myself for dragging this issue out.. =_=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Cannibalism is also disgusting but at least you can write good horror stories, fiction and tell history of what people used to do in ancient tribes... I can see this going in circles now on other issues and In all honesty... I'm damn tired to get a forum mess.

Isn't like Guro one of the more popular taboo subjects alongside Futa/Newhalfs in H-Manga/Dojins?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:

Isn't like Guro one of the more popular taboo subjects alongside Futa/Newhalfs in H-Manga/Dojins?

I wouldn't put it up nearly that high, but yes, there is a non-trivial amount of it.

Basically, everything is someone's fetish, and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Answerman: Where anime fans gather weekly to argue!
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Answerman: Where anime fans gather weekly to argue!

Anime fans do not need to gather weekly to argue. If you go to 4Chan or a particular site that ends with -Suki, you will see that they argue by the minute, or faster.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8