• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Would you like a redone version of Shaman King

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like a redone version of Shaman King
Spambot: Y U MESS UP OUR FORUM
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 17 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Never seen it, but maybe
22%
 22%  [ 9 ]
What's Shaman King
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 40

The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:37 am Reply with quote
Poll requested by mmangelly

-------------------------

I added another option since I might buy a redone version. I never watched the show when it was on TV, but it has a large following and it sounds interesting. If I saw a really cool trailer or something, I'd be very interested. I'd definitely watch it on TV as well if it ever got re-aired.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:31 am Reply with quote
Sure, the anime totally changed the ending of the manga.
Tris8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I keep hearing about this title on and off. I almost started the manga awhile ago but didn't, but now that I keep hearing about Shaman King I think I'll watch/read it. Which do people recommend (or recommend going with first)? It sounds like the manga and the anime are different.
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:17 am Reply with quote
I've only ever read the manga, but I've read quite a bit. What I've read about the various Shaman King DVD releases have kept me away from the anime, so I would definitely enjoy a redone series. Fantasy anime dubs have often been strong anyways, so I think it could be done quite well.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I never saw this show on TV, but should I get any news that it'll be re-aired, I might have a look at it.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Shaman King was the first manga I read. I enjoyed it, but never finished it or watched the anime. I can barely even remember anything about the plot or characters, so a new anime would be a fun nostalgia trip that I could still enjoy as if I didn't have the whole show spoiled for me.
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
A friend of mine recently IMed me and said that she was getting back into Shaman King after basically having forgotten about the series for some time. She said that she really enjoyed it with the original English dub, but I have to assume that was for nostalgia's sake. I never realized how much the dub changed everything up, since I've only ever read Viz's release of the manga. I could barely keep up in the conversation. I wonder, then, if a studio like Funimation would ever think to redo just the dub rather than a Japanese studio commissioning a new cut of the anime. Does anyone else feel there'd be a market for this?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1