• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rinne no Lagrange season 2 episode numbering

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:24 pm Reply with quote
There's a bit of confusion with the episode numbers in this entry currently. A lot of precisions numbering the first episode as "ep 13" have been entered, continuing on from the last season. This is how Fate/Zero's second season numbering went officially, for one similar example, and the Hulu simulcast for Lagrange does use this numbering scheme. All Japanese sources I can find, however, start over from one (with a recap episode 0 that hasn't been streamed by Hulu):
http://lag-rin.com/story2_01.html
http://www.mxtv.co.jp/lag_rin2/

I started the episode titles going by the official Japanese sites, and I think this should be preferred over Viz's numbering with the Hulu simulcast and used consistently throughout the entry. Any opinions one way or the other on this?
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
I started the episode titles going by the official Japanese sites, and I think this should be preferred over Viz's numbering with the Hulu simulcast and used consistently throughout the entry. Any opinions one way or the other on this?

That sounds good to me, as long as the second/English-language numbering scheme is noted by "REM:".
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:24 am Reply with quote
@doc so you want

1. REM: English episode 13

and so forth added?
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:52 am Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
@doc so you want

1. REM: English episode 13

and so forth added?

Assuming, that we all agree to EmperorBrandon's proposal, yes, though I might phrase it "Viz/Hulu episode 13" or "Episode 13 of the English release"—just to be absolutely clear.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
Assuming, that we all agree to EmperorBrandon's proposal, yes, though I might phrase it "Viz/Hulu episode 13" or "Episode 13 of the English release"—just to be absolutely clear.

I think the "Viz/Hulu" phrasing would be best. It's a little uncertain if Viz will stick to the same numbering when they release it on video (if they do: they seemingly have confirmed only the first season so far), or if the numbering will be the same for streaming in other English regions. EDIT: Now that I check, the UK streaming actually starts over from episode 1 for season 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1