• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga to Continue Longer Than 1.5 Years

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Great news, as far as I'm concerned. It's nice to know Kishimoto isn't going to cut any corners.
baadaku12345

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Well it's at least re-assuring to hear that we will be able to see a major Shonen title's ending within the decade! But at least it's been a great ride. Naruto is a legendary manga.
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why i'm not suprised at this statement, it is a shonen manga afterall. If it would've ended as fast as anticipated it wouldn't be a true shonen ending then. One of the big 3 deserve a BIG ending

Still i'm glad it's going to be going for longer I was beginning to look for a new manga to read. *sigh* Thank god.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Oh lord...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote
This is great news. I haven't watched the series since the Adventures at Sea filler arc began, about this time last year. I'm like 30+ episodes of canon material behind. So, it's good to know that we'll have, possibly, a good 2 years or more of the series.

The manga's cool, but I'm like how Answerman was with Yu Yu Hakusho: I'm content with watching the action animated.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote
That could be around 100 more chapters. Yeah, seems about right that'd be what it takes to wrap stuff up.

JacobYBM wrote:
Great news, as far as I'm concerned. It's nice to know Kishimoto isn't going to cut any corners.
Especially since Kishi said he had plans for some baseball manga after Naruto is done. Nice to know he's not just going to rush an ending to do that one.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:55 pm Reply with quote
All I ask is that Sasuke and Akatsuki are both settled for good in the midst of this war. Sasuke's gone on for much too long, and Akatsuki is down to almost nothing. So I guess what I'm really asking is that Kishimoto doesn't pull something out of his ass.

Although... Now that I get to thinking, a Part Three wouldn't be so bad, as a means for us readers to see Sasuke back in his right place. A second time-skip would work well too I think, for the sake of Naruto actually becoming Hokage.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
baadaku12345 wrote:
Well it's at least re-assuring to hear that we will be able to see a major Shonen title's ending within the decade! But at least it's been a great ride. Naruto is a legendary manga.

Indeed. While it's had its ups and downs like any long-runner Shounen, overall I'll definitely be able to look back on it and say, "I enjoyed getting into this," whenever it finally wraps up.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:20 am Reply with quote
manga market in jp will go down once naruto and bleach is done after couple more years. They still have nothing to replace those sale numbers yet.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote
Sounds like a plan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
t1213121

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:36 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
manga market in jp will go down once naruto and bleach is done after couple more years. They still have nothing to replace those sale numbers yet.

I don't think Bleach sales is as influential. Even when Naruto and Bleach are done, there's still One Piece. And the manga market in Japan is more than just shonen titles.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:54 am Reply with quote
The Manga is the gem of the two. The Anime needs to wrap it up and Kai it off. It's done. They've gone every direction but forward. The anime version sold out.

1.5? Keep it going Kishimoto, Oda said he is little over half way.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote
I can't say I'm really surprised at this. I don't follow Naruto anymore, but I want it to get a proper conclusion. I simply wonder how he will deal with the whole Sasuke issue; from what fans have said, it sounds like he's gotten to be damn near irredeemable.

I wouldn't worry too much about the market after Naruto and Bleach ends. Toriko has basically surpassed Bleach already in terms of sales. (Not that Bleach sales are bad, of course.) The manga market will always adjust to manga ending and starting.
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:03 am Reply with quote
so a "short dash to the end" or whatever he said not long ago means almost 2 years? i was getting ready for naruto to end in 2013. like first half of 2013 in my mind. i mean i love it, but i'd also love for it to end and have a proper satisfying ending. everything has to end at some point. i'd rather see it reach it's end naturally and not like bleach. i'm talking anime of course.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
The anime version sold out.

What does even mean? By definition an anime adaption is usually green lit to cash in on a popular manga so yeah, I guess by default it 'sold out'.

And Kai is a perfect counter-example for people who complain anime-only stuff ruins a series. During Kai, they then realized tons of people love anime-only stuff and it's what makes a series stand out with its fanbase.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5