• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AKB0048 Anime to Return Next Year

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote
Awesome, glad to see its getting another season. It was pretty much expected though since it had too much that wasn't explained and it was one of the best selling shows of Spring.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote
Shocked

......really?

I wish I had stock in AKB48...........
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
rarirurero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
o_O

Did not know this existed, but the description in the ANN Encyclopedia gave me a chuckle Anime hyper
Volibear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
huh, i guess i should catch up on the last few episodes now but i was always under the impression it was 2-cours anyway, early on before it aired i was hearing it was 26 episodes, and when it came out it was only 13 i was assuming it was split-cours, like Rinne no Lagrange, Horizon and Fate/Zero

and of the 9 1/2 episodes i've seen it has the pacing of 24-26 episodes, there is no way this was going to end properly at 13 (will re-evaluate after i finish it but i don't see it ending properly in the next 3 1/2 episodes)
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote
Cool more AKB0048 now if someone can just pick this up
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:24 am Reply with quote
Probably a movie or something, Kawamori loev movie.

firedragon54738 wrote:
Cool more AKB0048 now if someone can just pick this up

With how big and likely ludicrously expensive AKB48 song rights are, I doubt that's probable. You'd either have to buy the expensive music rights, or be forced to make your own songs.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=466959

I can't read the Japanese on the site, but MAL says the official website announced its a 2nd season, not a movie.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=466959

I can't read the Japanese on the site, but MAL says the official website announced its a 2nd season, not a movie.

The official website does not state that it is a second season. It just carries the same teaser video ("AKB0048 2013 See you Next stage") that aired on television.
mochichan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote
OMFG I LOVE AKB0048!
I think people underrate it because they think it's some "moe fanservice" fest or just about being "kira kira idols" but the whole show is so dramatic with mysteries and mostly storyline focus with barely any fanservice. It's pretty good.

Especially ep 3 where the girls were getting blow up. And the insert song saying "Stand up and fight together" was really fitting to the scenerio <3

http://pann.nate.com/video/218712947

I almost cried last ep...:\
So happy~~
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote
To be honest, this was really obvious from a mile away...The series is incredibly linear and they were dropping hints all over the place. That said, however, I did end up enjoying this series a lot more than I gave it credit for. It's not as "good" as Xenoglossia, which is not saying much to begin with, but it had a semi-decent concept going for it.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote
rarirurero wrote:
o_O

Did not know this existed, but the description in the ANN Encyclopedia gave me a chuckle Anime hyper

this is everyones reaction to it I think when it first was announced, however it actually does have some heart in it, it actually can be funny, the sci-fi elements are very nice looking (along with 90% of the show), and I actually found the plot interesting. I am not surprised for a second that it's getting a season 2 after episode 8 I think I knew that they where going for a season 2/second cour because there was to much material to wrap up.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!! OH GOD ALL OF MY YES!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SANTA-CHRIST!!!!!!
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Good!

I suspected it since episode 11, since there were just too many things to try to wrap up in two episodes, then after episode 12 I was pretty certain.

That and the whole thing early on where people were posting in the forums saying about some booth where they were being told it'd be 20+ episodes (though oddly when I tried to find the threads with those comments to review them, I couldn't).

The anime is really fantastic, a lot better and more to it than I went in expecting from something based around an idol group.

In regards to the possibility of it getting licensed, it depends on how much Akimoto wants to take over the world. Rolling Eyes I wouldn't be surprised to see it 'licensed' or attempted to be pushed through somehow. Let's not forget that the first AKB48 documentary got licensed.

Also, 2013... literally next year... UGH. Too long *sobs*. What do I watch now?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Oh good. Because there was no way they were going to wrap everything up in one last episode.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
I started watching around the time episode 3 aired, and it ended up being my favorite of the season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2