• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Touko Takao.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Incorrect: Touko Takao (高雄統子)
Correct: Noriko Takao (高雄統子)

Source

Purge in progress. Not sure if I should move the picture since the source is no longer working. Can the person who submitted it verify it?

Last edited by braves on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Can the person who submitted it verify it?

I am the one who submitted it. Still have the original image (was 80x80), but no way of accessing the information again since that site is down. I remember the description included a mention of Kyoto Animation, so I was sure it was her. I don't think that source had anything confirming her name reading, though. Noriko should be her correct name, given the evidence.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I've gone ahead and added the original image to Noriko Takao, and removed the image from Touko Takao.
braves

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Thanks. I've gone ahead and finished moving the credits. The entry for Takao had her directing episodes 24-25 of Clannad After Story, but from what I can tell it's just episode 25. Haven't watched the show, so correct me if I'm wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
The entry for Takao had her directing episodes 24-25 of Clannad After Story, but from what I can tell it's just episode 25. Haven't watched the show, so correct me if I'm wrong.

24 is a recap episode of the entire two series, and has a number of people credited to each of the key staff positions IIRC. I'll double-check it.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:10 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:

24 is a recap episode of the entire two series, and has a number of people credited to each of the key staff positions IIRC. I'll double-check it.

I checked the credits on Sentai's DVD release for the recap episode, and it's the same as I remember from the original broadcast:

The recap episode was the last episode aired, and the Kyou chapter episode came later on the video release. Neither of them are actually officially numbered. On Sentai's DVD releases, the Kyou episode actually comes before the recap. I've heard this is switched from how it is in the original Japanese home video release, but haven't verified this myself as I don't have it. I've considered the recap episode "24" and Kyou episode "25".
braves

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Okay, since the rest of main staff is already credited with episode 24 on the ANN page as well, I went ahead and added ep. 24 to the precision.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
I've heard this is switched from how it is in the original Japanese home video release, but haven't verified this myself as I don't have it.

Oddly, disc 7 contains episodes 19-21, but the episodes on disc 8 are only named and not numbered.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Oddly, disc 7 contains episodes 19-21, but the episodes on disc 8 are only named and not numbered.

Yeah, episode 22 is not really officially numbered 22 either. It's called the "final" episode, and the same goes for episode 22 in the first series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1