• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Random Hatsune Miku Sighting

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
She was featured in, of all places, a "The Next Big Thing" segment on Friday the 27th's edition of Channel One, which was about holographic performers. (For non-USA forumites, Channel One is a news program aimed at middle and high school students which is shown every day in numerous schools across the country.) See it here; look for April 27th and click forward to Part 3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Off-topic: Wow, they still broadcast Channel One these days? I remember when Lisa Ling was anchoring (*had a bit of a crush on her, too). That is all.
Beaux10

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote
My little brother told me about this. I think that it's pretty neat how mainstream this stuff is getting. Which is not mainstream at all, but it's getting there! Razz
magmalord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Thats a terrible thing to hear. Due to the fact of what mainstream people percieve as anime fans. They percieve us as a bunch of fat yaoi fangirls reading the newest Naruto volume. It doesnt help much that most of the fanbase is like that other than this site. This site is basically a woman free zone, and thank goodness for it too.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:02 pm Reply with quote
I should have taken pictures for the Hatsune Miku ita-bus in Taipei. Others have already done so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
(sigh) There's nothing halographic about simple 3D rear projection, just saying. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1