• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funi Adds Seikishi, Yamato: R, One Piece: Strong World, Fairy Tail Film, Akira

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Glad to know the new Lupin III will be getting a dubbed release - and I'm looking forward to the Yamato reboot!
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote
More One Piece AND Strong World?

Shut up and take my money!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
"Akira"?! I'm incredibly excited for this; I've been needing to add this classic to my collection, but the original Blu Ray is ridiculously overpriced. What a steal on FUNi's part, owning the rights to such an important piece of anime history.

"Lupin: TWNFM" is also great, but I already figured they'd release it on home video given its pedigree. Having just finished the original series released by Eastern Star, it'll be great to own the prequel as well. Smile
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping that Fairy Tail was a strong enough seller for Funi that'd they'd pick up more of it. Wasn't expecting the movie, at least right now, but I'm going to assume the movie will be like the Naruto movies and can fit really anywhere in the Fairy Tail universe and likely still make sense spoiler[(well, after the Loke arc, basing on the last trailer)].

Awesome for me. I'm pleased for now. Still waiting for further news on the release dates for the rest of the Tenchi sets (since now we have a release date for Tenchi Universe), but that will come with time.
Volibear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
well, nice to see they finally announced the home rights for Lupin and Sankarea, other than that i can't say i'm really interested in anything else there, i'm not a fan of those long running series like Fairy Tail and One Piece so just stay away from anything related to them, Maken-ki! was ok, but not something worth watching a second time and i know nothing about anything else there (except Akira, but then thats already widely avaliable here)
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I guess that answers my Aquarion EVOL question.

For Maken-Ki, I wonder if they'll also include the separate OVA. Also hope they include the animated extras.

Last edited by configspace on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hiro94

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
This is all great news.I wish they would have announced more DragonBoxes though:(
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Excellent news that they picked up Space Battleship Yamato: Resurrection. I wonder if this is either a precursor to licensing Space Battleship Yamato 2199 or something they're going to test the waters with how popular Star Blazers/Yamato still is in the US.

Also makes me wonder whether Voyager Entertainment had to authorise this, They've had the rights to any Yamato property up to Final Yamato but I'm not sure whether they had an ongoing licence to future productions like Harmony Gold claimed to for the Macross franchise.
The King of Harts

Hell yea for more One Piece! Hell yea for Strong World! Once I really started getting sucked into OP (back in January), Strong World is the one thing I've really wanted to see since it's so hyped. Of course, I'd like to see all the movies, but just Strong World for now is awesome.

I may get Geminar. None of the non-main branch stuff of Tench has interested me, but this one seem to be the most different, so I'll consider it.

Sankarea is iffy. I really liked Sankarea in the beginning, but ended up feeling "meh" on it. A good box + good item could be push me into getting it.

Fujiko is a definite. *Please use Stephanie Young as Fujiko*Please use Stephanie Young as Fujiko*Please use Stephanie Young as Fujiko*Please use Stephanie Young as Fujiko* (spoiler[Not Colleen Clinckenbeard Razz])

Maken-ki is a pass for now, but I'll probably check it out via stream.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

I will only quadruple-dip on Akira if it has the Cam Clarke dub.
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Wow! Akira, Fujiko and Strong World! Good stuff. I definitely want to buy Fujiko when it comes out at the very least!
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Hiro94 wrote:
This is all great news.I wish they would have announced more DragonBoxes though:(
That is the only reason I listened to a stream of the panel. Shame nobody asked about it.
blaizevincent

the One Piece announcement blew my mind. After waiting so long they now have upto eps 336. Thats like two thirds of what has aired in japan right now (obviously it will be back down to just under half once they have released it upto 336). Plus Strong World too!

Space Battleship Yamato R is awesome and im now not sure if i will spend the cash on the Japanese BLR of 2199 in hopes they might get that if the film does well

Lupin is an Awesome License and im confident they will reunite the English Cast. Since they did the same for Slayers.

More Fairy Tail , All of Tenchi Muyo just awesome Stuff. First time that they have announced more than one thing that has got me excited for awhile.
nightjuan

I really don't care about having yet another re-release of Akira, to be honest, outside of the fact it's always worth keeping in print, but the other picks admittedly sound more interesting.
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I think I need a new pair of pants. Bless you, based FUNimation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 13