• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unreleased FUNimation Licenses Update Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quote
I hope they come up with a better name than War of Geminar, as that seems to be describing an event that never occurs. It's much more harem antics than anything.

How about "Tenchi Planet Cuties"?
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I guess this below sort of confirms that they are/will be dubbing Shakugan no Shana III -FINAL- (which pretty much equate to home video release).

Christopher Bevins talks about Shakugan no Shana Season 2
Quote:
Fans have been waiting for more Shakugan no Shana since Season One first released on the market a few years ago. Voice Director Christopher Bevins provides insights into the new Shakugan no Shana content (Season 2, Season 3, the Movie, and the S OVAs) coming soon from FUNimation Entertainment.
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
09:31:33 <bay> who here likes lain
09:31:44 <bay> it will be coming out later this year on bluray
09:31:52 <bay> and it will be a very, very, very special edition
09:31:58 <bay> there will be a lot of cool stuff going in that box
09:32:01 <bay> graphic designers are working over time
09:32:07 <bay> it's a very important show, it inspired the matrix
09:32:25 <bay> and we're going all out for lain
09:32:41 <bay> it's gorgeous, we're really happy to put it on bluray, it's taken extra time, ut when you see it, you 'll say it's worth it
09:32:46 <bay> the same goes for the rest of the geneon catalog that we acquired
09:32:54 <bay> some of those titles will be coming out later this year

09:32:57 <bay> including hellsing ultimate
09:33:07 <bay> thanks to our really good partners at new gen pictures
09:33:17 <bay> we have the entire english cast to reprise their roles for hellsing ult 5-8
09:33:23 <bay> with talison jaffe direction
09:33:31 <bay> so all of hellsing will be done in the same studio
09:33:37 <bay> so its that same hellsing you love
09:33:44 <bay> and some may be wondering who the new characters are
09:33:47 <bay> stand by
09:33:52 <bay> we will announce them soon
09:34:14 <bay> we're uploading the japanese episodes to funimation.com
09:34:38 <bay> we're happy to bring out the hellsing tv series
09:34:49 <bay> we'll also be bringing out hellsing ult box 1-4 on bluray
09:34:57 <bay> then hellsing tv as anime classics
09:35:01 <bay> then hellsing ult 5-8 on bluray

10:11:50 <bay> any updates regarding the black lagoon ova or more?
10:11:53 <bay> s1 and s2 later this year
10:12:55 <bay> for roberta's blood trail, still working on it
10:12:13 <bay> still working some of the little minutia out on it
10:12:20 <bay> but actively working on it
supercreep

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 am Reply with quote
I'm so glad to hear that about Lain. I'm really psyched for that.

Now, if we coud just hear a drop of news concerning some Tenchi Blu rays... Very Happy
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote
I'm glad that they've gone back to the same studio and cast for Hellsing Ultimate That's an exceptional crew who're very closely identified with those characters.

Now I just need to cross my fingers that they'll reunite the similarly excellent cast of Black Lagoon for the Roberta's Blood Trail OVA.

supercreep wrote:
I'm so glad to hear that about Lain. I'm really psyched for that.

I am too! My copy of Serial Experiments Lain is a kind of junky Frankenstein's monster cobbled together from different editions and without much in the way of bells or whistles, so I'd love to have a handsome Blu-ray edition to replace it.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I may have to double dip on Lain even though I still haven't watched my Geneon singles...
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yeah, I may have to double dip on Lain even though I still haven't watched my Geneon singles...

You really should watch it first if you can. I like Lain a lot, but it's not everyone's cup of tea, and you may end up with multiple copies of a series you don't like.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
I'm still not sure if I wanna double dip on Lain. I mean, I have the Geneon box set, haven't watched it in years though so if I do get the bluray it'll almost be like watching it for the first time again. I'll have to see what the extras all entail before I make any decisions on that I guess.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote
ManOfRust wrote:
Blood- wrote:

You really should watch it first if you can. I like Lain a lot, but it's not everyone's cup of tea, and you may end up with multiple copies of a series you don't like.

I actually have seen Lain before. It was years ago - long before what I consider my "true" conversion to anime in January of 2009 (we're talkin' the early 2000s, can't remember when, but probably 2001). I remember very little of it (a friend had the title). I remember being distinctly underwhelmed. However, I've been curious what my reaction would be, post-anime conversion. For example, I saw Princess Mononoke years ago too, and was all "meh" about it but absolutely loved it when I re-watched it on the bigscreen last winter.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

09:32:07 <bay> it's a very important show, it inspired the matrix

Oh sure, blame it on the Lain anime. The Matrix is everyone's fault except for the Wachowski brothers.

I thought Lain was ... ok ... so I'll wailt for the Anime Classic version rather than the total BS boxset.
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh I going to have to buy Lain all over again, I see. But if I'm going to be forced to do so, I am hoping for some seriously special extras.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote
2012 Round-up
  • JAN [03] | B Gata H Kei - Yamada's First Time, Hetalia World Series, Sekirei - Pure Engagement
  • FEB [03] | .hack//Quantum, Princess Jellyfish, Sengoku Basara - Samurai Kings (Season 2)
  • MAR [00] |
  • APR [05] | Black Butler II, Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos, Heaven's Lost Property Forte, Okami-san & Her Seven Companions, The Legend of the Legendary Heroes
  • MAY [04] | Cat Planet Cuties, Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OVAs, Shiki
  • JUN [01] | Tales of Vesperia ~The First Strike~
  • JUL [04] | Ai Yori Aoshi, Armitage III, Fractale, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
  • AUG [07] | Ergo Proxy, Freezing, Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror, One Piece (Season 4), Shakugan no Shana: Season 1, Texhnolyze, Shangri-La
  • SEP [04] | Fafner TV, Haibane Renmei, King of Thorn, Steins;Gate
  • OCT [07] | [C] - Control - The Money & Soul of Possibility, Aria the Scarlet Ammo, Deadman Wonderland, Fafner - Heaven and Earth - Movie, Hellsing Ultimate: Boxset 1 (OVA 1 - 4), Strike Witches 2, Tenchi Universe
  • NOV [06] | Black Lagoon Seasons 1 & 2, Hellsing (TV), Hellsing Ultimate: Boxset 2 (OVA 5 - 8), Sengoku Basara - Samurai Kings the Movie: The Last Party, Serial Experiments Lain, Tenchi in Tokyo
  • DEC [10] | A Certain Magical Index, Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts: Season 2, Is This a Zombie?: Season 1, Level E, Mass Effect: Paragon Lost, Shakugan no Shana: The Movie, Shakugan no Shana: Season 2, Shakugan no Shana S: OVA Series, Tenchi Muyo!: Movies, Tenchi Muyo!: OVA Series

10 properties knocked from the list for the month of December. I would expect more schedule changes for this month (to 2013).

Which of the following properties could be released in January to early 2013? | Note: it's not confirmed if Baka and Test OVA is included with the S2 release.

First Tier (originally slated for 2012)
  • A Certain Scientific Railgun | starting to stream online
  • Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail (OVA) | starting to stream online
  • Blessing of the Campanella
  • Heaven's Lost Property the Movie: The Angeloid of Clockwork
  • Pretear | currently streaming online
  • We Without Wings - Under the Innocent Sky

Second Tier (no release time frame, but with very good chance @ early 2013 release)
  • Appleseed XIII | about to be streamed on FUNimaton.com
  • Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar (OVA) | starting to stream

Third Tier (no release time frame, early 2013 can be possible)
  • Akira (movie) | could be released at any time
  • Blood-C
  • Ikki Tousen – Great Guardians
  • Michiko & Hatchin
  • Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection (Movie)
  • Fairy Tail (Season 2)
  • Ikki Tousen – Xtreme Xecutor
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:31 am Reply with quote
Great stuff, WTK, thanks. I was just thinking the other day that this thread was due for a good updating and, as always, you did not disappoint.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: for me, 2012 has been the best year for releases/licensing announcements (I include all the R1 distribs in that, not just Funi) since I became an anime collector in 2009.
gsilver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:47 am Reply with quote
I'm still hoping that a Haibane Renmei Blu-Ray release surfaces next year...
Regannator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Roberta's Blood Trail is really getting set back, huh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 20