• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Busters! Anime's New Promo Streamed for October Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
well the trailer looks nice so far, so far this is one show I really do want watch this fall. Well aside from this it seems that 4chan is having fun nitpicking at every little thing from 1:40 trailer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 am Reply with quote
Hope J.C. Staff can pull this one off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
Trailer looks nice but it wasn't KyoAni level. Water scenes were a bit off which is where I focus at. It also looks a bit "flat".

Maybe we can get a movie version out of KyoAni since they are not doing the TV series.
nhat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:44 pm Reply with quote
JC Staff.... At least it Toei but yea not having high hopes since this isn't Kyoani
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
Wow, seven posts and no hate for JC Staff yet? This is the most reasonable Little Busters anime thread I've ever seen! Laughing

Agreed. It seems quite a few people have forgotten what JC Staff can do if there's a budget behind it. They gave us R.O.D. and Shakugan no Shana, and I don't recall people bitching KyoAni should have done these.

This video only confirms what most of us already knew: JC Staff is a good choice.

October. Just a few months away, but seems so far away. Here's hoping Crunchyroll works out a deal to simulcast this one.

Finally getting excited about anime again. Very Happy
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I want this show to do well so the "OMG, I HATE JC STAFF, I WANTED KYOANI WAAAH" people will look silly - well, sillier.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
I want this show to do well so the "OMG, I HATE JC STAFF, I WANTED KYOANI WAAAH" people will look silly - well, sillier.

I do as well, I want it to sell so well that 4chan actually crashes again from all the rage/butt-hurt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote
JC Staff can then stamp the final Blu-Ray with the "hater's gonna hate" kid right on the box.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
nhat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
VORTIA wrote:
Wow, seven posts and no hate for JC Staff yet? This is the most reasonable Little Busters anime thread I've ever seen! Laughing

Agreed. It seems quite a few people have forgotten what JC Staff can do if there's a budget behind it. They gave us R.O.D. and Shakugan no Shana, and I don't recall people bitching KyoAni should have done these.

This video only confirms what most of us already knew: JC Staff is a good choice.

October. Just a few months away, but seems so far away. Here's hoping Crunchyroll works out a deal to simulcast this one.

Finally getting excited about anime again. Very Happy

Shana was always an average show though. The beginning has an interesting premise but other than that, it was just a show to watch for fun and nothing else.

In the end it's all about how well the writiers/directors/producers/etc can adapt a series. That's why in Hollywood, only a few directors can adapt books so well like Steven Spielberg
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:

I want it to be good as well, but JC Staff does have a record that they rarely break away from.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
That's why in Hollywood, only a few directors can adapt books so well like Steven Spielberg

AI. Adapted from Super-Toys Last All Summer Long.

Not to be rude, nhat, but your opinion carries no value because your compulsive admiration for KyoAni makes you incapable of being objective.

Even if KyoAni was the studio to produce the series, it's no guarantee it wouldn't have come out looking like Full Metal Panic.

Some just make the assumption it would.
Team Rocket Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
VORTIA wrote:
Wow, seven posts and no hate for JC Staff yet? This is the most reasonable Little Busters anime thread I've ever seen! :lol:

People don't do that because there's is little to no connection between those anime and Kyoani. If Kyoani (or anyone else) did Shana season 1 and JC Staff did season 2, you can be sure people would compare the two. If JC Staff's work was considered to be worse, people would complain about wanting the original studio back.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this one. From what I read, the visual novel had an interesting premise and I like that there is a better male to female ratio in the main cast. I'm interested to see how Little Busters' story plays out, since I think Clannad's was done pretty well. J. C. Staff's animation doesn't look bad either.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
Not to be rude, nhat, but your opinion carries no value because your compulsive admiration for KyoAni makes you incapable of being objective.

Not to be rude, Mesonoxian Eve, but your opinion carries no value because your refusal to understand that manga and light novel adaptations are a whole different ballgame from visual novel adaptations makes you incapable of comprehending the core issue of the debate.
Dante80

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Not to be rude, Mesonoxian Eve, but your opinion carries no value because your refusal to understand that manga and light novel adaptations are a whole different ballgame from visual novel adaptations makes you incapable of comprehending the core issue of the debate

Not to be rude Megiddo, but your opinion would indeed carry value if there was an actual debate about this. Pro tip....there isn't...can we now stop going in circles please?

The trailer does look good, lets see how this unfolds...Wink

Last edited by Dante80 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4