• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Busters! Anime's New Promo Streamed for October Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I could see myself watching this, assuming it doesn't go into Key's classic "these helpless girls are helpless and have PROOOOOBLEMS~ that only the male MC can fix!" sexism.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Dante80 wrote:
Not to be rude Megiddo, but your opinion would indeed carry value if there was an actual debate
This a public assembly wherein there is a discussion about a topic with opposing viewpoints. That constitutes a debate, does it not?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I could see myself watching this, assuming it doesn't go into Key's classic "these helpless girls are helpless and have PROOOOOBLEMS~ that only the male MC can fix!" sexism.

Kud's route the only one that goes there but she is a loli type and given from the trailer they are going to do her route. She is also 3/4Russian and 1/4Japaneses I also love her full name Kudryavka Anatolyevna Strugatskaya. Read the spoiler if you choose on her route.. spoiler["she is chained up, tortured etc and even witness her parents execution on T.V. since she is from Russian nobility and WWIII broke out.]". No little busters has four male characters in the line up and five female characters so it's one of the most balanced in that regards

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dante80

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This a public assembly wherein there is a discussion about a topic with opposing viewpoints. That constitutes a debate, does it not?

Hm, I was not speaking about this thread, but the general situation regarding this project.

My take on it: Some Key/KyoAni fan-boys were butt-hurt because Key did not choose KyoAni for one of its VN adaptions. Same fan-boys then made a lot of noise in the internet, before even seeing the outcome of said project...

Sorry, imho that is not a debate. Not even close.. Twisted Evil
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
It has nothing to do with being KyoAni fanboys. I'm no such. Hell, I like the Toei movies of both Air and Clannad (when taken as a completely separate take and not a proper adaptation). It has everything to do with J.C. Staff's track record for visual novel adaptations and with the staff that they have put on this project. Had they put a much better director in charge then there would hardly be any quarreling. You think it's KyoAni fanboys when honestly it's Key fanboys, which I would admit to being. I'd be content if Kenichi Kasai or Tatsuyuki Nagai was at the helm. And yes, fans judge shows before they come out all the time. If a show does not have a staff/studio with a decent body-of-work behind it then there is a much worse chance that it will not be of a certain level quality.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I can certainly see some people having reservations.

Especially when Kill Me Baby's director is the one directing this. I mean...seriously? They didn't have someone with a better track record?
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I can certainly see some people having reservations.

Especially when Kill Me Baby's director is the one directing this. I mean...seriously? They didn't have someone with a better track record?

I can thoroughly understand people's trepidation considering the Director's credit in Kill Me Baby, but I don't know that the problem with that show was so much the directing as the source material being just a one-note joke. He apparently also directed Hatsukoi Limited. Has anyone seen that? Was it any good?

If the criticisms were confined to that, it'd be justified, but it's a complaint I've barely heard. Most of it takes the form of a bunch of incessant nitpicking about how J.C. Staff doesn't spend enough time drawing fingernails on characters or doesn't wash out every damn scene in perpetual 6 O'clock odd-angle sunlight like KyoAni does or any of any number of other nonsensical minor complaints. Seriously? If you are going to let the way a character's hair falls ruin your anime watching experience I'd like to suggest that perhaps you are taking this all a bit too seriously.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Hardcore anime fandom is somewhat defined by taking many things FAR too seriously.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Hardcore anime fandom is somewhat defined by taking many things FAR too seriously.

That may be true, but as a hobby, it's about your enjoyment. If you can't enjoy entertainment, what's the point in frustrating yourself?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
It has everything to do with J.C. Staff's track record for visual novel adaptations and with the staff that they have put on this project. Had they put a much better director in charge then there would hardly be any quarreling.

And, by "they," you mean the production committee, right? If so, then, yes, blame the production committee for the team that was assembled. Don't blame the animators working at JC Staff if the story turns out to be terrible.

Anywho, the trailer looks pretty decent (just picked up the EX version of the game and I should really play through that before the anime airs). As long as JC Staff has their A-team working on it and given a good budget, the animation quality should be good.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Not to be rude, Mesonoxian Eve, but your opinion carries no value because your refusal to understand that manga and light novel adaptations are a whole different ballgame from visual novel adaptations makes you incapable of comprehending the core issue of the debate.

Here's the thing, Megiddo: what you fail to realize is people like you are already presenting a negative attitude toward the anime, and this attitude will affect the way you see it.

Is that fair to JC Staff? Of course not, because while they're churning out new episodes, you'll spend your time comparing it to the visual novel and if one frame isn't identical, you'll rip apart the anime.

It's asinine, but I suppose for some of you, it's impossible to ignore.

Let me put it to you a little more differently. In the Anime forum, there's a discussion about what the anime did better than the manga. Go take it for a spin and realize where the true issue lies.

The fact many people can't separate the two sources as independent productions is a problem some of you will need to work out for yourself. Sure, there's always going to be the "hey, they didn't do this or that" element to similar productions, but it's ridiculous to say "OMG! The Harry Potter movies suck because they totally left out Hermione's S.P.E.W!" or anything else that wasn't identical to the source.

You'll forgive me if I'll never understand why some of you get so hell bent out of shape over stupid shit like this, but that's not my problem.

Instead, you make it everyone else's problem when you make stupid statements among those who are appreciative there's an anime coming out.

Personally, I can only hope JC Staff creates an entirely new story so some of you have nothing to compare it to and appreciate it for what it is.

However, I get the feeling if this were the case, some of you will still bitch because Kudryavka's bat barrette was off 3 centimeters than where it should be.

So, are you done now or do you still believe you have an opinion or two up your sleeve to convince me I should be comparing two sources for their identical presentation?

LOL. Good luck with that. If I didn't do it between "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" and "Blade Runner", I sure as hell won't do it for Little Busters.

See you in the next discussion where you proudly put ignorance over appreciation.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
It has everything to do with J.C. Staff's track record for visual novel adaptations and with the staff that they have put on this project. Had they put a much better director in charge then there would hardly be any quarreling.

And, by "they," you mean the production committee, right? If so, then, yes, blame the production committee for the team that was assembled. Don't blame the animators working at JC Staff if the story turns out to be terrible.

Anywho, the trailer looks pretty decent (just picked up the EX version of the game and I should really play through that before the anime airs). As long as JC Staff has their A-team working on it and given a good budget, the animation quality should be good.

It's a shame that despite a rather detailed series of articles that many posters here still don't understand how the whole anime production process occurs. If the animation turns out bad, you have every right to be upset with JC Staff. However, they have very little power over scripts or plot decisions.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:

Many fans don't seem to understand that anime production is not just about the animation studio, and that are several different companies involved. See who uploaded this PV for instance (it's Warner Bros., not J.C. Staff). I think they would be calling more of the shots here.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
So, are you done now or do you still believe you have an opinion or two up your sleeve to convince me I should be comparing two sources for their identical presentation?

It's really weird when people make up things to argue against, instead of actually discussing the matter at hand, which in this case was your recurring use of manga and light novel adaptations to use as a showing of what J.C. Staff can do. I have absolutely no problem with J.C. Staff tackling any sort of manga or light novel, and if they put one of their two or three good directors behind the project then there's a good chance I'd watch it.

Further puzzling is the argument that you decided to fabricate. Did you not read that I can appreciate a work that isn't 100% faithful to the source? I mentioned outright that I can enjoy Toei's Air and Clannad movies as separate takes on their respective source material. It seems strange then to berate me for not being able to accept anything that is not 'identical presentation'.

Frankly, you seem lost in this discussion, and that doesn't surprise me one iota. I appreciate you bowing out though. That saves time.

EmperorBrandon: Are you suggesting that Warner Brothers Japan was the entity who selected Yoshiki Yamakawa as director?
eltonsu999

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Gets home after exam, gets a glimpse of Little Busters! news and then roar FFFFFUUUUUUAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!! (literally!) Words cannot describe how much I want to see this Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4