• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Also Heading to PlayStation 3

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terminus24

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
When I see Amane, I'm constantly reminded of that scene from Steins;Gate: But he's a guy!
At least Bridget (the trap from Guilty Gear) looked kinda male...

And isn't her name Bullet, not Barrette?

Anyways, this was completely expected, I'm quite psyched for this. Now Aksys just has to announce a US release date.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Wait, no 360?

I mean, I have a PS3, so I can still get it, but to me, BlazBlue has always been my one Xbox fighter. I own all the other games for the 360, and I'd like to keep the pattern going if possible.

I know it's nit-picky on my part, but I hope that at least for the US release, they put it out on both systems.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Not really surprised they're not doing 360 anymore. After Persona 4 Arena sold like 5% of its copies on 360, they probably figured it wasn't worth the development time and money on 360.
opn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I imagine it will be on the ps vita and 3DS as well. They might make a port exclusive for the US but i doubt it. Anyway hopefully a release date ain't far off.
terminus24

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
I imagine it will be on the ps vita and 3DS as well. They might make a port exclusive for the US but i doubt it. Anyway hopefully a release date ain't far off.

Vita might be likely, since CSE released on Vita the same time as on PS3 and 360. A 3DS version would probably be a watered-down port with all the DLC with no online like CSII, and we'd most likely get it after CP has been out for a while.
j Talbain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quote
3 new characters for a $60 title. They need to start selling BlazBlue at a discount price for so little in each update.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
j Talbain wrote:
3 new characters for a $60 title. They need to start selling BlazBlue at a discount price for so little in each update.

Yeah, a new 40 hour story mode is totally not worth 60 dollars.
opn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
j Talbain wrote:

Yeah, a new 40 hour story mode is totally not worth 60 dollars.

And supposedly during the testing there were 5 or 6 empty character slots. Two of them probably being the past murakumo units and the other 4 or 3 being entirely new characters. Why would ASW announce all the characters at once when the game was literally only announced days ago?
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
OH MY GOD NEW BLAZBLUE!!! I can't wait...
Zags

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Wait, no 360?

I mean, I have a PS3, so I can still get it, but to me, BlazBlue has always been my one Xbox fighter. I own all the other games for the 360, and I'd like to keep the pattern going if possible.

I know it's nit-picky on my part, but I hope that at least for the US release, they put it out on both systems.

It does say also on PS3. So I think 360 was already assumed? There was another announcement post before this, I dunno if it said anything about that.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Zags wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Wait, no 360?

It does say also on PS3. So I think 360 was already assumed? There was another announcement post before this, I dunno if it said anything about that.

It was announced for Arcade the other day. Also means it'll be on Arcade and PS3.
The American Average

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
i'm personally looking forward to this game, Bullet and the trap guy look like lots of fun. i'm a little surprised that isn't coming for 360 but the 360 has always got the short end of the stick when it comes to Japanese games.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I just laugh that Bullet is considered a quick grappler and her super can make you do a 2520 (7 360 motions)
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to wait for any final judgements on this because BB is one of the only series I still use my Xbox for.

Because who knows; could change between now and the console release.

RyanSaotome wrote:
Not really surprised they're not doing 360 anymore. After Persona 4 Arena sold like 5% of its copies on 360, they probably figured it wasn't worth the development time and money on 360.

I'd also assume part of that would be more so the fact Persona has been more of a Sony system thing so most people who got it would most likely get it for PS3.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:35 pm Reply with quote
I still can't get over Bullet's 2520 degree Distortion Drive.

As for the lack of a 360 listing, I wouldn't worry; I don't see why they wouldn't make it multi-platform, especially overseas
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2