• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Open letter to Zac Bertschy and Justin Sevakis.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Migsse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:09 pm Reply with quote
(I'm writing this as an open letter, since Zac Bertschy and Justin Sevakis don't seem to either read/respond to my Tweets or even respond to my Private Messages, so please bear with me on this Smile )

Dear Zac Bertschy and Justin Sevakis

Thank You.

Ever since AnnCast episode 25( What'Chou talkin' bout? ), I've spent a very very long time hunting this series down.

Sadly, through unethical means, I found it 2 years later, but the grim face soon turned to glee as I've started watching this mammoth series.

On and off for the past 5 months, I have finally finished it.
Even though I feel pretty happy for watching it, something inside me is fairly saddened that it is all over. All 110 episodes of it.

Thank you, Zac Bertschy and Justin Sevakis, for introducing me to Legend Of The Galactic Heroes

I hope you guys will drop down some good titles from the past that are worth seeking out.

Thank You Very Much.

Regards
Migsse
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, that's weird. Zac and Justin always answer my PMs instantly*. Sucks to be you.

*Or, rather, I'm sure they would if I did.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was a love letter.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's nice that this isn't some long, gravely written complaint against ANN for discriminating against moe, which I'll concede is what I thought this would be when I saw the thread title.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Migsse wrote:
All 110 episodes of it.

You do know there's a couple of movies and additional OVAs, right?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:02 pm Reply with quote
You know what's a better way to write an "open letter to Zac Bertschy and Justin Sevakis"? By actually writing an open letter to Zac Bertschy and Justin Sevakis and not posting it on the ANN message board!

Apparently your definition of "letter" is different from mine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
You know what's a better way to write an "open letter to Zac Bertschy and Justin Sevakis"? By actually writing an open letter to Zac Bertschy and Justin Sevakis and not posting it on the ANN message board!

Apparently your definition of "letter" is different from mine.

Except that wouldn't be an open letter. The whole point of the "open" part is that it's intended for people who aren't the specific recipients to see it, as well.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote
Glad you like the podcast, and LoGH.

We probably didn't respond because there was no immediate call for a response, and when that happens we just sort of smile and move onto the next message. Hope you didn't take it personally.
Migsse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Migsse wrote:
All 110 episodes of it.

You do know there's a couple of movies and additional OVAs, right?

Hello Vaisaga
I have them as well, but had no clue on which one to start with.
From doing some research, there are many conflicting thoughts from other people who say start from A while other say start from B.
In the end, I pretty much skipped it and watched the main series instead. I'm pretty satisfied with only the main series and don't really *need* to watch the others since they are prequels.
Or so they say, maybe you have a better idea?

jsevakis wrote:
Glad you like the podcast, and LoGH.

We probably didn't respond because there was no immediate call for a response, and when that happens we just sort of smile and move onto the next message. Hope you didn't take it personally.

Hello Justin
Thanks for replying to the thread.
I took it abit personally, since I took it as a sign of being ignored. Which is why I wrote up this open letter, in case it was either missed or forgotten.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Well, it's nice that this isn't some long, gravely written complaint against ANN for discriminating against moe, which I'll concede is what I thought this would be when I saw the thread title.

I thought this would yet another very long rant with a great deal of angry and jadedness. As 9/10 times, that is almost always the case.

But it's pretty nice that Justin responded though, given he is probably really busy with the next ANN Cast, video editing or his other tasks.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking the same thing TT. Positivity in a feedback thread? I didn't think such a thing was possible. I'd also say it's more along the lines of 999 out of 1000.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1