• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
One thing that puzzles me is that after the Edolas arc and the return of Lisanna, I assumed that the show would deal with the Natsu-Lisanna relationship. Not so much. That's my one big complaint about Fairy Tail: it's obviously not interested in exploring any romantic connections at all.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
One thing that puzzles me is that after the Edolas arc and the return of Lisanna, I assumed that the show would deal with the Natsu-Lisanna relationship. Not so much. That's my one big complaint about Fairy Tail: it's obviously not interested in exploring any romantic connections at all.

my understanding is that mashima brought her back due to characters popularity in the anime. since then the anime has done far more with her than the manga. also the only relationship mashima seems to be interested in is Erza x Jellal.
Viorexx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 142

spoiler[Mest turned into a drunk. Didn't expect that from him.
Natsu's team vs one of the Oracion Seis.
Exceed team vs Sammy. At least they were getting along.
Using Aquarius backfired, but that tends to happen a lot in her case.
Poor Gajeel stuck with lovey-dovey Juvia... ^^"
Wendy's team vs Grimm Reaper.
That was partly a pretty LOL fight.]

Episode 143

spoiler[Gray, Laxus + Dan team sure got an interesting opponent.]
Dan is just hopeless though.
I wonder how that guy managed to survive up til now.
spoiler[Each Fairy Tail team got one Oracion Seis member to fight against.
Geez, 2 or 3 against 1 and they were still struggling in a fight.
Mest thought they all died 7 years ago, that's why he turned into a drunk.]

Boy will he be in for a nice surprise!
spoiler[Katja and Nico's appearance was short, but probably important in some way, I guess.
Seems like Lucy's Michelle is an imposter with her own agenda.]

Things are getting really interesting.
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 am Reply with quote
mest is in the council for the grand magic games if i haven't mistaken, so then why is he a drunk in this filler. and i must say this saga was very dissippointing, first all of fairy tail gets there asses kicked, then some guy can stand his ground against gildarts, then oracion seis comes and owns them, oh and dont mind the fact that gray totally forgot to tell everybody how racer fights and natsu lucy and elfman dont realize that some retarded slot bear thing just keeps making them hit eachother. the only interesting thing in this saga was that weird green dude using rapture magic and the archbishob guy that uses magic. i like cobra so i like the fact they brought him back but i wish they saved him for the actual series but meh i guess i wouldve quit if he wasnt in the group that showed
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:28 am Reply with quote
dynastyhunter wrote:
oh and don't mind the fact that gray totally forgot to tell everybody how racer fights
The problem is as they mentioned that spoiler[Racer] is using different magic, before he was using a spoiler[time slowing magic that affected an area, but now he seems to actually be using speed magic,] otherwise there would be no way he could keep up with spoiler[Doranbolt's] magic.

Well I am sure that there is canon to the arc, I hear that the mangaka is involved in writing the story so that it is generally canon, apparently the Zentopia arc was even mentioned in the manga. Or word is semi canon, I hear that the mangaka did the designs for the spoiler[new Oracion seis] guys. Kinana's character points which really are part of the main story seem to have a focus here too.

dynastyhunter wrote:
mest is in the council for the grand magic games if i haven't mistaken, so then why is he a drunk in this filler.

Is it so strange to think that spoiler[Doranbolt would be effected so much by Wendy's probable death, he will likely be out of the rut by end of arc anyway.]
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:54 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
dynastyhunter wrote:
oh and don't mind the fact that gray totally forgot to tell everybody how racer fights
The problem is as they mentioned that spoiler[Racer] is using different magic, before he was using a spoiler[time slowing magic that affected an area, but now he seems to actually be using speed magic,] otherwise there would be no way he could keep up with spoiler[Doranbolt's] magic.

Well I am sure that there is canon to the arc, I hear that the mangaka is involved in writing the story so that it is generally canon, apparently the Zentopia arc was even mentioned in the manga. Or word is semi canon, I hear that the mangaka did the designs for the spoiler[new Oracion seis] guys. Kinana's character points which really are part of the main story seem to have a focus here too.

dynastyhunter wrote:
mest is in the council for the grand magic games if i haven't mistaken, so then why is he a drunk in this filler.

Is it so strange to think that spoiler[Doranbolt would be effected so much by Wendy's probable death, he will likely be out of the rut by end of arc anyway.]

well thats my bad i missed 1 episode in the late 130's thats why i didn't know,spoiler[ i didn't have a problem with doranbolt and i did figure he would just rejoin the council but i feel like it would be out of character for the coucil to let him in so easily, like they seem so strict before and while im talking about out of character did you notice lahar, he just took matters into his own hands and did stuff without the council knowing.] if fairy tail turns into bleach and has a bunch of filler sagas then im gonna be kinda mad, i actually liked what bleach did because the fillers had awesome fights, i just got mad when they cut the saga in the middle of a fight. they should just make the fillers really interesting, and i wouldnt mind them showing lots of fight between the members themselves. like who wouldnt wanna see an awesome all-out fight between natsu and grey, or laxus and erza( just because she's my favorite character.)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote
dynastyhunter wrote:
like who wouldnt wanna see an awesome all-out fight between natsu and grey, or laxus and erza( just because she's my favorite character.)
I would like to see a fight between Mirajane and Erza, we know that butted heads, but they just appear together enough. Just being in the same fights like with Twilight Ogre don't happen enough.
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
dynastyhunter wrote:
like who wouldnt wanna see an awesome all-out fight between natsu and grey, or laxus and erza( just because she's my favorite character.)
I would like to see a fight between Mirajane and Erza, we know that butted heads, but they just appear together enough. Just being in the same fights like with Twilight Ogre don't happen enough.

i never thought of that because i just figured that mirajane was a bit stronger, it would be awesome to see though. i still cant wait to see spoiler[ natsu and gajeel vs sting and rouge in the manga and the anime its heating up cant wait.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 144

Hooray for reveal episode, I was wondering where thespoiler[ staff, Klodoa was, but now that I think about it it is fairly obvious that he was Jackpot. He even previously showed the use of lightning magic, which was being used by Jackpot. Also kind of funny as he previously put up a surprisingly tough fight with Natsu.]

But the real big thing was the revelation we were expecting from the beginning, that is the revelation to do with spoiler[Michelle Lobster, most specifically that she is not who she was saying she was. Well personally I did not really buy her supposed story of her past, and that one part with the cart and horse kind of went against her helpless persona. Michelle turns out to be 7th member of Reborn Oración Seis, Imitatia, It is a pic.] The thing is that over the course of this arc, I have grown attached to spoiler[Michelle (as has Lucy), that it was kind of heartbreaking seeing Lucy trying to prove it a lie. The good news is that Imitatia is still using the name for Lucy, and is conflicted over it.]

Also about the teams, spoiler[it seems that they were made with the purpose of actually creating problems. Elfman and Natsu are not exactly the smartest mages, and so were sent so they could get Lucy. I guess they figured that Erza, Evergreen, and Max think out the battles so much that they would stand a chance against Cobra, not to mention the infighting.]
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:57 am Reply with quote
opinion on cobra

cobra was a cool enemy in the nirvana saga but i lost a bit of respect for him in this saga, i dont know exactly why he just didn't seem as cool and he just seemed cheap, it almost feels like if it were a game cobra would be the character everybody used because he was that cheap, and if he's a dragonslayer why doesnt he use his power more often like its a sick power, if i could use both of those i would use them evenly and switch it up because thats the reason natsu owned him last time. he overuses his hearing and its just annoying to me now. but i still like him as a enemy, one of the cooler ones in my opinion.

i was so dissipointed in the newest chapter in the manga, basically nothing happened, spoiler[ natsu and gajeel get owned then they get up and say man u suck im gonna kick your ass, the only difference is this time they used dragonforce and natsu sent gajeel off in a cart so he could 2v1 sting and rouge ( typical natsu.)] the fighting was sick and all its just after all that wait/anticipation and having the story barely progress after 30 pages just made me sigh and say "they better come out with that next chapter FAST or else im just gonna no read it for a mounth and just pick it up from there.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:15 am Reply with quote
dynastyhunter wrote:
opinion on cobra

cobra was a cool enemy in the nirvana saga but i lost a bit of respect for him in this saga, i don't know exactly why he just didn't seem as cool and he just seemed cheap, it almost feels like if it were a game cobra would be the character everybody used because he was that cheap, and if he's a dragonslayer why doesnt he use his power more often like its a sick power, if i could use both of those i would use them evenly and switch it up because thats the reason natsu owned him last time. he overuses his hearing and its just annoying to me now. but i still like him as a enemy, one of the cooler ones in my opinion.
He seems to have considered Cuberos spoiler[(Kinana)] was his only friend, and since he lost her he gave up on poison dragon slayer magic, and instead mostly uses sound magic. He is basically lonely so he mostly fights by being as cheap as possible; remaining stationary, focusing his plan on reading any moves and attack with sound.

What I liked was him talking to Erza on the subject of pain, especially since it looks like Cobra was also a slave in the Tower of Heaven. They have some rather similar pasts, not to mention they may have both lost an eye.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:40 am Reply with quote
Still fighting Oracion Seis on all fronts.
It's interesting how we got to see Lily and Sammy in big forms, but not Happy or Charla.
Wish they'd get big soon ^^
spoiler[Seems like Grim Reaper got mind controlled into doing all that.
Guess there is a bigger power behind the scene pulling all the strings.
So the infinity clock finally got released and the end is coming...]

The masks have fallen and it sure was a surprise.
dynastyhunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:52 am Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:
Still fighting Oracion Seis on all fronts.
It's interesting how we got to see Lily and Sammy in big forms, but not Happy or Charla.
Wish they'd get big soon ^^
spoiler[Seems like Grim Reaper got mind controlled into doing all that.
Guess there is a bigger power behind the scene pulling all the strings.
So the infinity clock finally got released and the end is coming...]

The masks have fallen and it sure was a surprise.

i may have mistaken but i thought that lily can only become big because that his true form, so i dont think that happy and charle will every become big.

and about the cobra thing, even in the nirvana saga he barely used it, he did use it but not very much.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 145

spoiler[Natsu in jail! That's a first.
Seems like he's got some company there too.
Those Jiggly Butts really have a knack of getting themselves into trouble.
New info about the history of the Infinity clock sure cleared some things up.
Poor Lucy really can't catch a break...
Looks like the Cardinal let Oracion Seis escape. Well, he does have a face of a criminal.
Hope Erza's hammer makes a difference..]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 57