• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aya Hirano Stars in Himitsu no Akko-chan Flash Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Wow, uh, okay. This sure is... a thread.

I just wanted to stop by and say that this is neat and that I'm actually pretty curious about Akko-chan's 21st Century revival! I like the character designs we see here-- they look really cute and cartoony. I'm also glad they got a voice as cute as Hirano's for Akko!
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Well if her career is going to die in japan she can all ways come to the US
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
I never even said they're the majority. I just don't agree that it's not aimed at otaku in any way. It doesn't matter to me how something is aimed at kids, if there are people out there over the age of 18 who're watching this show and are engaged in it for some of their own reasons, then that's all I need to be convinced that the kiddies are not the only age demographic watching this stuff.

You can say that about every anime. Pocket Monsters, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pretty Cure.. they all got otaku fans. Pocket Monster's otaku fanbase is why they even added a kanji option into the game, since they realized older people were into the franchise too.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:05 am Reply with quote
I think Aya Hirano's career downturn is a bit overblown.

Also, shame on the 'fans' for thinking that being a sexually active person makes someone 'sullied'. Just a ridiculous aspect of the subculture.
dan9999

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:24 am Reply with quote
@ RyanSaotome --> Agreed.

Seems many here fail to understand what CORE FANBASE/MAIN TARGET AUDIENCE means, google is your friend... theres a reason why theres hardly any debate, and issues on who seiyuu --mainly female seiyuu-- land a role in series like One Piece, Fairy Tail, Naruto, Horou Musuko, Kuragehime, Inazuma Eleven, Shiki, Anpanman...etc.

Anyway you guys can like all you want, her career as you knew it before her scandal is OVER. PERIOD. Like it or not.

So you dont like how her being an "easy" woman --to not be too harsh--- led to auto-destruction...sorry guys, the people that buy late night anime, you now, the kind that sells 10-30k copies per volume has forsaken her, na dthat what matter for the big corps. You dont sell you are over.

RyanSaotome, like he said, the ones that are delusional are others. Those that think she is totally fine...yea, sure, sure, she is very well, her career is blooming more than ever, sure, sure. You wanna believe that, go ahead, no problem.

Small roles, mainly supporting roles, is all she is managing to get. She already had the Lucy role before her scandal so its not like it could be helped...plus like RyanSaotome said, this is not the show that interest seiyuu fans so no big deal there.

Whats for certain is that most certainly she wont be getting any big roles anymore in the series she used to, if she gets supporting roles in other more mainstream series, mainly not aimed at hardcore otaku/seiyuu fans who knows... indeed, like RyanSaotome said, she could very well get a few roles in shounen/bishounen/shoujo series....but the fact that she is incapable or getting any even on those series...most likely her problematic nature is also a big obstacle, most likely even studios dont want her in their works as she might cause trouble in one way or another.

Her time is long over...she is no longer desirable and theres already other seiyuus taking the roles she used to get some years ago, i.e. Toyosaki Aki or Taketatsu Ayana, plus Hikasa Youko while not as popular as the other 2 is getting many protagonist roles as well, plus all the many talented seiyuus that have a long successful careers and are a guarantee.

Aya hirano's problem is not just about her having sex...its about the HOW too and under what circumstances... she is a troublemaker, she is an attention whore, she caused trouble with her former agency, add the fact of her VERY liberal sexuality, that she likes to fool around with her coworkers, which is already grave as she may disrupt the work environment with her impulses, to boot 0 discretion from her because she permits her lover(s) to take photos of her and their possible encounters.... rationalize that and its not hard to imagine why she is getting forgotten rapidly.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:32 am Reply with quote
@dan9999

"Aya Hirano's problem is not just about her having sex...It's about the HOW to and under what circumstances..."

Not that I'm trying to side with the people that are saying that Aya Hirano's voice acting career is all nice and fine, but do have a source of some sort confirming this part of your claim? Confused I'm really having a hard time trying to process all of this. Anime dazed

Last edited by Mr. Oshawott on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:37 am Reply with quote
She sure likes to trash with her looks.
dan9999

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
@dan9999

"Aya Hirano's problem is not just about her having sex...It's about the HOW to and under what circumstances..."

Not that I'm trying to side with the people that are saying that Aya Hirano's voice acting career is all nice and fine, but do have a source of some sort confirming this part of your claim? Confused I'm really having a hard time trying to process all of this. Anime dazed

Confirming... like the sex videos or her saying yes all is true, I love harems and like to have multiple sex partners... ? Laughing

Look, there was already the rumors about her, add all her polemic declarations, some guy was already saying she was sleeping with her band members, 3 of 4 in fact and that her approaches/courting was so aggressive that she was reported and as such Lantis dropped.... of course noone believed the guy claiming it on the net.... who would obviously, but it was more or less confirmed when multiple photos -after sex photos- of her and one of her band members surfaced and while we dont see them "doing it" explicitly, they are evidently naked in bed and kissing, I doubt the were merely watching Haruhi.... there was indeed some credible evidence, if it was was actually one or just 2 guys or all 4 who knows for real...but seiyuu fans had credible evidence that at least some of it was real.

For the seiyuu fans it does not matter if it was only sex with one band member or 2 or with all, that's how things work there and the Agencies and seiyuu themselves take advantage of their obsessive followers, so no, I do not feel sorry for the likes of Aya Hirano or similar that take the same route of exploiting their fans delusions of purity and the like but the agencies and seiyuu like Aya Hirano are the real evil here because they go along with the delusions of purity and sell that image, even if its only a facade, so when their sexual scandals come to light then if their career is effectively over the seiyuu had it coming, so I will never side with those that defend the seiyuu blaming the obsessive fans and claiming seiyuu are humans and its no big deal to have sex...for me all parties involved in such schemes are in the wrong (agency-seiyuu-fan), but agencies and seiyuu are the worst for feeding on those delusions of their fans.

Search the net for her after sex photos for your evidence, all of them were revealed in what it seems a reputable scandal magazine in Japan (Bubka) --apparently the magazine is famous for publishing real and accurate scandals--- apparently several sources confimed her having sex with most of her band members as well.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I have no sympathy for Hirano either. Is it dumb that her career is essentially over since she had orgies? Yeah, of course. But she also signed a contract with her idol and seiyuu agencies saying she wouldn't do these kinds of things since that ruins an idols image, and she broke the contract she signed. She knew what kinda industry she was getting into, and when anyone does things that is totally unacceptable by the rules of their job, they deserve to lose that job.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:49 pm Reply with quote
@dan9999

I cruised through a few sites that featured those allegations of Aya's...questionable moments...with her band members. Turns out, you were spot on, as they, along with those graphic photos of Aya and one of her band members exercising their "you know what" that appeared the instant I entered Google's search engine, have confirmed all of them. Sad. Sad But then again, she had to have known what was coming as a result of her self-induced fallout.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Misogyny is alive and well in the ANN forums.

Along with pretending you're an industry expert.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Wrathful

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Passive-aggressiveness is well beyond alive and jumping orgies in any anime fans that think they are so clever.

If only she kept it silent and keep denying the rumours...
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Wrathful wrote:
Passive-aggressiveness is well beyond alive and jumping orgies in any anime fans that think they are so clever.

If only she kept it silent and keep denying the rumours...

But, since those controversial photos of Aya Hirano having her "fallout" with her band members have become so widespread throughout the public, there's simply no way she could ignore them forever. Believe me- I thought it was disheartening that Aya's voice acting career in major anime shows has come to an end, but this is a bad moment she brought on herself.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
First, Aya Hirano still has a massive fanbase. For instance, the only seiyuu with more Twitter followers is Tomokazu Sugita. Now it's probably not the best way to rate her popularity, but it's a pretty good indicator.

Second, a season or two of not being the main star in an anime is not a career ending in the least, especially when she's been working on her music career.

Third, bringing it on herself? By having sex? No. Well, I guess she was bringing it on herself by being a part of an industry that caters to mouthbreathing wastes of life.

This is the first time I've been ashamed of being a member of these forums.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
So Aya Hirano is not a perfect pure saint of a woman...people need to get over themselves.

I don't know if her career with Otaku is over or not but the way some people talk on here is despicable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4