• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Manga Questions & References Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ianshelfs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Thanks to the two members that helped me out. It's much appreciated.
lordrikuo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:15 am Reply with quote
What is the manga chapter that comes right after the Negima Anime leaves off.

Thanks in advance Smile
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote
I assume you are talking about the first anime series since the second doesn't follow the manga plot line.

The first series changes the plot part way through the school trip arc of the manga. It has its own ending which was not liked by the manga fans. The school trip arc is complete in the current ominibus volume 2. You will find the deviation there.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote
lordrikuo wrote:
What is the manga chapter that comes right after the Negima Anime leaves off.

I think that chapter 53 is the first that was not in the anime.
There were some story elements and characters left out of the anime starting with, approximately, chapter 38. Those things were not necessary for the anime story but they are significant in the manga.
If you are thinking of starting the manga where the anime leaves off, rather than starting from the beginning, I suggest that you start with volume 5 of the Del Rey release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
I assume you are talking about the first anime series since the second doesn't follow the manga plot line.

The first series changes the plot part way through the school trip arc of the manga. It has its own ending which was not liked by the manga fans. The school trip arc is complete in the current ominibus volume 2. You will find the deviation there.

To expand on that, the anime removed several events of the school trip from the context of the school trip, thereby eliminating several key plot points that matter later in the manga. It also entirely eliminated a character who later becomes a regular and two notable confrontations between 3-A and the villains of that arc. If you intend to get into the Negima manga, you really should re-read the entire Kyoto arc (like Alan said, omnibus 2, or volume 4 if you're going by individual volumes).

Also, disregard the entire ending arc of the anime in terms of canon continuity, as it directly conflicts with character and plot points of the manga.
Genet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Did Kodansha drop Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei? I was going to start collecting it, but I don't see any indication that they're going to release volume 15.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I've got another question for everyone and it involves the manga "Fairy Tail." I just read one of the latest reviews of it but I was wondering something. I seem to remember a story about this showing up on your website once about Hiro Mashima basing a character in his manga on one of you. I don't remember when this character showed up or which volume this character appeared. Would you guys help me out? Would you guys please find out this for me? I'd be grateful if you did.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
...It was Jason Thompson

You really should start putting the subject matter in the topic title if you want people to be more readily available to help you.

Like, "Name of ANN member who appeared in Fairy Tale" or something...

Last edited by Shenl742 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I had to really dig for this one because I wasn't sure what "one of you" meant, but I think this cameo by Jason Thompson is what you're referring to. Looks like ch104. That's pretty awesome.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for digging that up for me,you guys. I appreciate it a lot.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quote
It's also a question better asked in General Manga Questions & References Thread.

not here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PinkChardam

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Alright so this has been I question thats been bugging me for a bit. Is Viz ever planning to release Aitsu no Daihonmei (or His most favourite in english)? First they say they're releasing it in september, now it's moved to november 13 (I think). I can't find it on rightstuf or their site and the only place I've seen a copy at was amazon.com (no help for me up in Canada). I really want to support the english release, but if I have no means to get it then I can't help it. Does anyone know where I can actually get it or if there going to put it on rightstuf soon?
Thanks in advance.
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
PinkChardam wrote:
Alright so this has been I question thats been bugging me for a bit. Is Viz ever planning to release Aitsu no Daihonmei (or His most favourite in english)?

You mean this BL manga?
Amazon Canada seems to have it.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/1421543516/

PinkChardam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
hyojodoji wrote:
PinkChardam wrote:
Alright so this has been I question thats been bugging me for a bit. Is Viz ever planning to release Aitsu no Daihonmei (or His most favourite in english)?

You mean this BL manga?
Amazon Canada seems to have it.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/1421543516/

What the... when I was searching for it I put the whole title. It didn't even cross my mind to search part of the name Embarassed Thanks for the help. * goes off to place order*
4750G

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:34 am Reply with quote
Hi guys! Do you know which manga these characters came from? Thanks a lot!

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 33 of 45