• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Done] SaiKano: Another Love Song (Plot Summary issue)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Seen from the sidelines, this is a new perspective on the tragic tale told in SaiKano.

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, I believe that the word tragic is spoilerific enough to warrant deletion from that particular sentence.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Link.

nbahn wrote:
Quote:
Seen from the sidelines, this is a new perspective on the tragic tale told in SaiKano.

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, I believe that the word tragic is spoilerific enough to warrant deletion from that particular sentence.

Actually, that entire sentence technically violates plot summary rule #3:

Quote:
Do not "talk" to the reader ("This show is about ...") but rather summarize directly what the story is about: "Bob, a wandering samurai, comes to the help of a woman in distress who ..."

I've re-entered the plot summary without it, and without the word "tragic" in the sentence preceding the one you quote. Thanks for bring this to our attention. Very Happy
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, exactly where can the Encyclopedia rules be found? I can't find them.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Just out of curiosity, exactly where can the Encyclopedia rules be found? I can't find them.

In this case "rule #3" refers specifically to the rules for plot summaries, which are to be found on the Plot Summary "Submit new information" menu page for each manga and anime entry. Each "Submit new information" menu page gives the rules specific to the type of information to be entered (use the pulldown information submission menu above the staff/cast/companies section to access them).

The Encyclopedia's general rules are to be found in the announcement "HOW TO SUBMIT INFO/FIXES TO THE ENCYCLOPEDIA" and the FAQ, both of which are stickied in this forum.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
To be honest, since plot summaries can't really be "sourced" (since we don't allow copying the plot from other sites) and most editors cannot directly edit anything in them other than basic punctuation and capitalization, if there is a problem with a summary it is generally best to submit a better one and flag the original (which will eventually be "hidden").
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1