• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The World Ends With You iOS Game's Trailer Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuranos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Be right back, silently raging over here.....
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
How about you just produce more copies of the nintendo DS version so I can have one of those?
Reibooi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Kinda pisses me off that they tease us with a countdown and all that just to announce a port and not a new game. Everyone has been wanting to see a sequel for years and many thought despite the leak of a iOS version that this would be a new game but seems not. Disappointing for sure.

Would be nice if they port it to PC at some point but yeah still disappointed by this whole thing.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:
Kinda pisses me off that they tease us with a countdown and all that just to announce a port and not a new game. Everyone has been wanting to see a sequel for years and many thought despite the leak of a iOS version that this would be a new game but seems not. Disappointing for sure.

People keep saying this, but what do you expect out of a sequel to this game? I mean they pretty much wrapped up the entire story. That said, this is the perfect game to put on Iphone. Only problem I can see is the dual-screen aspect.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Reibooi wrote:

People keep saying this, but what do you expect out of a sequel to this game? I mean they pretty much wrapped up the entire story. That said, this is the perfect game to put on Iphone. Only problem I can see is the dual-screen aspect.

Actually yes that's what people wanted a squeal to the game not a port that most fans already own. You can make a spin-off in the series, add more to the story but this is coming from a guy that's waited 17 years for a squeal to chrono trigger.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reibooi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Reibooi wrote:

They could have a sequel with a new cast, they could have a prequel with a different cast, they could redo the game with some of the other characters as the main characters to see it from a different perspective, There is plenty they could do. The idea behind the story and world allowed them to go in many different directions with a sequel or a prequel.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Weh, Still looks cool. Only problem is I don't have an iPhone/iPad. I'll still be waiting for a 3ds release.
terminus24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

Actually yes that's what people wanted a squeal to the game not a port that most fans already own. You can make a spin-off in the series, add more to the story but this is coming from a guy that's waited 17 years for a squeal to chrono trigger.

Chrono Trigger had a sequel years ago on PS1. Chrono Cross. Look it up.

Anyways, there are plenty of ways a sequel could go, especially since spoiler[Hanekoma became a fallen angel to help Minamimoto], plus it was a self-contained game, but a sequel easily could be made.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
How about you just produce more copies of the nintendo DS version so I can have one of those?

Amazon.com suppose to have more copies in soon...

http://www.amazon.com/World-Ends-You-Nintendo-DS/dp/B00136MBHA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1346009819&sr=1-1&keywords=the+world+ends+with+you
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

Amazon.com suppose to have more copies in soon...

http://www.amazon.com/World-Ends-You-Nintendo-DS/dp/B00136MBHA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1346009819&sr=1-1&keywords=the+world+ends+with+you

Pity it costs more than the game to ship it to my country :/

But thanks for the heads up. I might actually end up buying it cause it seems to be at least 12 euros cheaper than before.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote
delete please.

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I was PISSED to find out it wasn't a new game. I was expecting at least a spinoff, that could work, if not a full sequel. Was the countdown and all of that really necessary? For a port? Goddamn it SquareEnix...
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm not pissed the countdown was for a port. I'm just fine with TWEWY being a glorious one hit wonder. It's the best game on the DS, for sure. The story wrapped up nicely, and more sequels would just milk it and make it less special.

I always say "I want another TWEWY" from Square, but unlike most people, I don't mean a sequel. I mean a brand new IP with a completely different gameplay system. TWEWY was so unique because it could only work on the system it was designed for and nothing else. Even as an iPhone port, they've had to change the gameplay considerably. I want more unique ideas like that, and Square proved they can still work that old magic when they made TWEWY.

If it were cheaper, I just might double dip since the battle seems fairly different. That music makes me want to play it again, as does seeing the gang in KH3D.
Alunimus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I'll be telling everyone how I'm disappointed, and that SquareEnix can't provide gamers with what they expect this days but, DAMN, I'll buy this crap anyway! I can't imagine how I'll be playing it on Ipad's screen but whatever. At least they changed one battle system to another. And I really want to try it out!

Actually, with this they can easily port Subaseka not only on 3DS, but on Vita too! This would be awesome! But I don't expect something like this to happen.
Jackstick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

You can buy it for $30 on Amazon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2