• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Updated Psycho-Pass Promo Reveals Cast Member Kana Hanazawa (Updated)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote
So it is the main Prodo I.G. eh? Well hopefully they'll be able to balance the budget for both this and Robotic Notes. New character designs are pretty interesting one of the characters looks a lot like Mukuro and the heroine seems like an odd hybrid of Kyoko and Haru's designs(not too sure how to feel about that one...) so there's some definite Reborn influence in there...really looking forward to this.
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So it is the main Prodo I.G. eh? Well hopefully they'll be able to balance the budget for both this and Robotic Notes.

Judging by the trailer and key visuals for Robotic Notes,they seem not give a two damns about it.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Wait for 9/06? They're really doling out information in the smallest amounts possible...>_>

I'm still excited for this, though. I am way too easily manipulated.
neji3994

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
so there's some definite Reborn influence in there...

The designs are made by Reborn's creator anyway... looking forward to this too
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Maybe one day I'll get to eat that carrot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Quote:
So it is the main Prodo I.G. eh? Well hopefully they'll be able to balance the budget for both this and Robotic Notes.

Judging by the trailer and key visuals for Robotic Notes,they seem not give a two damns about it.

Woah, really? That's harsh.

The trailer I saw for RNs looked promising.

Interesting to see more character designs, and I think it's only natural for the creator to design similarly to her Reborn! staple. A fair number of character designers/manga artists have go-to "design skeletons," like CLAMP, Leiji Matsumoto, Akira Toriyama, Kouta Hirano, Arina Tanemura, Natsuki Takaya, even Osamu Tezuka. It doesn't mean they're not talented, just that they have certain faces/bodies/styles that they reuse.
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Woah, really? That's harsh.

The trailer I saw for RNs looked promising

Well to me it looked horrible.Not commenting on the fact the trailer was boring,but just looking at animation and character designs(seriously worst haircuts since Shiki) is enough for me to crawl back into shell of security also known as strip club.
Also can somebody translate the comments of Kana Hanazawa which you can find on the official site of Psycho pass.From what I can get through google translate,she seems to have voiced one episode and received the script for episodes 2 and 3.Apparently it caused her shudder from excitement.Tomokazu Seki seems equally enthusiastic.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, was already excited, and now with the studio revealed it's Production I.G animated sci-fi no less! Now I really can't wait to see this.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
neji3994 wrote:
Divineking wrote:
so there's some definite Reborn influence in there...

The designs are made by Reborn's creator anyway... looking forward to this too
Pretty much.

Though seeing this makes me wish the anime for Reborn! was still on-going. I have just 55 episodes left to watch for that series, and I'm saddened by that fact. I do wonder if we'll ever see it continue, especially since Artland hasn't done anything besides assistant work since the final episodes of Reborn!.

Anyway even more excited for this, and probably will get more as more of these probably will come out before it begins airing. Hopefully it will turn out good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
uishax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:12 am Reply with quote
This may be the rumored October anime from UROBUCHI GEN.
Madoka and Fate/Zero were his works, the most successful scriptwriter by far in last year.
If he participates in this project, there is no way Robotics Notes' production would be able to compare with this, Madoka and Fate/Zero had supreme sales, Steins Gate did not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1