• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box Packs 1st 13 Games

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:52 am Reply with quote
Wow, that looks like an awesome collection to have. If only all the games could be played on the Playstation 3, then I would seriously consider buying this.
terminus24

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:06 am Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
Wow, that looks like an awesome collection to have. If only all the games could be played on the Playstation 3, then I would seriously consider buying this.

The only ones not playable on PS3 are III, X, XI, and XII, and you can get a PS2 for dirt cheap nowadays to play X-XII. And yes, PS3s do, in fact, play PS1 games, I have FF Anthology and play it on my PS3 (and no, my PS3 isn't backwars-compatible with PS2 games, just PS1 games).

Anyways, if this comes overseas, I hope it comes out the middle of next year... That would be an AWESOME graduation present.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:37 am Reply with quote
There they go again, re-releasing their old products countless number of times and not actually producing any quality new games in the series. It is a nice collector item I must admit, but seriously, they should already release versus or ff15
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:44 am Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

The only ones not playable on PS3 are III, X, XI, and XII, and you can get a PS2 for dirt cheap nowadays to play X-XII. And yes, PS3s do, in fact, play PS1 games, I have FF Anthology and play it on my PS3 (and no, my PS3 isn't backwars-compatible with PS2 games, just PS1 games)

There are some versions of the PS3 that are compatible with past games. However the recent versions aren't.

Edit: I apologize. I just checked an old ps1 game I had lying around and it looks like it does work. Excuse me while I go shoot myself in the foot for the past year that I spend grumbling. Looks like I had only bothered checking a ps2 game when I bought my PS3.

Once again, sorry for not believing you and thanks for making me realize haha. Damn, now I'm feeling nostalgic. Time to pull out some old games I had given up on haha.

Last edited by Sakurazuka_Reika on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Son Gokou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:53 am Reply with quote
Damn. Me gusta! Wahhh.

Anyway, I can't help but laugh seeing all of those were on Sony consoles. I guess Squeenix still somehow love us Sony Fanboys Very Happy
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:35 am Reply with quote
Now that's one sexy bit of kit. I believe the only ff's I've played are ff7-10, 12-13-2, and 5. It'd be a good way for me to play the really old ones and see what their about. Now if they just give me information on FF Versus 13 I'll be set.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind that Surprised. Though I probably wouldn't be able to afford it even if it did come out in english.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:59 am Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:

And yes, PS3s do, in fact, play PS1 games, I have FF Anthology and play it on my PS3 (and no, my PS3 isn't backwars-compatible with PS2 games, just PS1 games).

Okay so...you just blew my mind. I've had the PS3 slim for a little over a year and had NO idea at all. I thought they took backwards compatibility out entirely with the redesign. Definitely gonna play some old PS1 games tonight Very Happy

And yes this set is pretty darn awesome. I would like that print.
DRWii

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quote
Pretty sweet set. I wish I could buy it and get all the ones I haven't played yet (and maybe even give "X" and "XII" a second chance), but there's no way I can come up with that kind of money by the end of September.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:48 am Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

Can't they? They're all the Playstation versions.

-edit- Well I guess other than 3, which is PSP. but still, thats only one.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Gasero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:48 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
There they go again, re-releasing their old products countless number of times and not actually producing any quality new games in the series. It is a nice collector item I must admit, but seriously, they should already release versus or ff15

If it makes money for Square, I wouldn't blame them. The purpose of a business is to provide customers with things they will buy. As long as customers are buying and Square is profiting then business is doing okay.

Occasionally Square does release something new, but it doesn't hurt to make money off old either.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:

If it makes money for Square, I wouldn't blame them. The purpose of a business is to provide customers with things they will buy. As long as customers are buying and Square is profiting then business is doing okay.

Occasionally Square does release something new, but it doesn't hurt to make money off old either.

Yeah plus they are only producing as much as they receive in preorders, sounds like a pretty solid business plan to me.
FlamingLight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

Like said before in the thread, you can't play PS2 games on the PS3.

I think at least most would of preferred I-XII all get their own disc, and then of course XIII on its own.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
FlamingLight wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

Like said before in the thread, you can't play PS2 games on the PS3.

I think at least most would of preferred I-XII all get their own disc, and then of course XIII on its own.

PS2 games run fine on my PS3. I kinda forgot some newer models don't do that, so its all good for me at least.
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote
Hey its the 25th anniversary, why not? I might even get it if it's released here lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3